+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven geo blocked for me after 23rd August

BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven geo blocked for me after 23rd August

Have any other ex-pats had the problem that BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven episodes after 23rd August seem to be geo blocked. That would be a miserable development for us if it is a new policy. I've tried using my VPN and that makes no difference and it can't be cookies because it is the same on another of my computers.

Haven't use Radio Sheffield for many years to me they were all about Owls and Blades ( biased).

We are certainly a minority but the presenters do seem quite fair to us. I don't have any interest in the BBC (or any other national broadcaster for that matter) other than spending an hour in South Yorkshire occassionally and hearing some familiar voices.

You need a better VPN mate. I went on it, worked, vpn to Germany where it got geo blocked, vpn in london it works.

I'm using PIA - tried London, Manchester and Southampton. Which VPN are you using MT?

ExpressVPN. Costs me £75 for the year but they are extremely good at getting around geo blocks. I see it's a fair bit more than PIA but I'd highly recommend. I use it for the NBA who try really hard to geo block their content due to price disparity in different places but they still get around it.

Perhaps try Windscribe? They have a free VPN for so many gigabytes a month, worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Perhaps try Windscribe? They have a free VPN for so many gigabytes a month, worth a try.
    10gb a month free with Windscribe. I use it for iFollow when we are away. Never had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    10gb a month free with Windscribe. I use it for iFollow when we are away. Never had a problem with it.
    i think the problem is the ongoing para olympics, once theyve finished should return back to normal, was mentioned on dee dar during the week

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldt1mer View Post
    i think the problem is the ongoing para olympics, once theyve finished should return back to normal, was mentioned on dee dar during the week
    Is there a paralympics on?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast