+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings Vs Wrexham

Player ratings Vs Wrexham

No thread yet so thought I’d oblige.

Slocombe 3. Poor. Unfortunately we won’t get rid, but so far, a serious liability.

DKE. 6 Do wish he’d learn to stop the cross better. Stands off too much.

Taylor. 6.5 Good work rate and grew into the game.

Brindley. 7 Solid

Rawlinson. 7.5 You can see how he prefers the aerial bombardment stuff. Much more his cup of tea.

Cameron. 8.5 Night and day performance from Saturday. Class. Ran the defence and helped in the middle as well.

Francis. 5.5 Still not convinced.

Palmer. 6.5 He seems a better fit for our midfield.

JoB. 6.5 A few sloppy mistakes unfortunately, which lowers his score. Can’t fault his enthusiasm and energy though.

Mitchell. 7. Looks to have a good first touch on him. Needs to make his decisions quicker though. Got caught pondering a couple of times.

Wootten. 8. The goal makes his score. Premiership level header.

R and R. Both off the pace and had no impact on the game. Hope they both rest up so they do come back Saturday full of creativity and running.

Chicksen. 7.5 His revival still amazes me. Class player.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    No thread yet so thought I’d oblige.

Slocombe 3. Poor. Unfortunately we won’t get rid, but so far, a serious liability.

DKE. 6 Do wish he’d learn to stop the cross better. Stands off too much.

Taylor. 6.5 Good work rate and grew into the game.

Brindley. 7 Solid

Rawlinson. 7.5 You can see how he prefers the aerial bombardment stuff. Much more his cup of tea.

Cameron. 8.5 Night and day performance from Saturday. Class. Ran the defence and helped in the middle as well.

Francis. 5.5 Still not convinced.

Palmer. 6.5 He seems a better fit for our midfield.

JoB. 6.5 A few sloppy mistakes unfortunately, which lowers his score. Can’t fault his enthusiasm and energy though.

Mitchell. 7. Looks to have a good first touch on him. Needs to make his decisions quicker though. Got caught pondering a couple of times.

Wootten. 8. The goal makes his score. Premiership level header.

R and R. Both off the pace and had no impact on the game. Hope they both rest up so they do come back Saturday full of creativity and running.

Chicksen. 7.5 His revival still amazes me. Class player.
    Can’t argue too much with those ratings however I think Ruben looked sharp. Good touch and seems to be so confident at the moment. Cal didn’t really get into the game but I don’t think this system suits him at all. Picking up the ball way to deep and trying to go past people from his own half is too much to ask. Not convinced with the formation yet. Still think we’d be better going 4 at the back. Getting a ball winner in midfield and pushing Cal further forward. Ed Francis, I’m afraid is not up to it currently.

I'm very concerned with Slocombe at the moment. Basically dropped 4 points so far this season because of him (not all his fault but he was at least partially to blame for both goals conceded) I think we might need another goalkeeper to push him because at the moment he's undroppable because we have no one else.

I would love to see us go 4-2-3-1 with Cal, Ruben and Nemane wreaking havoc up top with Wootton. Having a mix of O'Brien, Palmer and Francis as the midfield 2 would be very good for this division

Slocombe - 5 - At fault for the goal but also deserves some credit for the way we defended set pieces as a unit.

Brindley - 7 - Very consistent, one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Rawlinson - 8 - In his element, won everything in the air. Think he might still be struggling with the knock he took at Barnet.

Cameron - 8 - Looks a great signing. A leader, dominant and very good on the ball for a centre back at this level.

Kelly-Evans - 7 - Another who likes that kind of game, had one chance where he needed a bit more composure.

Taylor - 7 - Caught out by a couple of diagonals but sound otherwise. Looks a good signing.

Francis - 6 - Better than Saturday but the one player who really looks to still be finding his feet.

Palmer - 7 - Just looks a good footballer, midfielder who can do a bit of everything.

O’Brien - 6 - Very hard working, not a lot came off with the ball.

Mitchell - 7 - Promising full debut I thought. Looks similar to Wootton but maybe a bit more mobile at the expense of aerial threat.

Wootton - 8 - Some header. Has been very sharp in front of goal so far.

Ruben and Cal - 6 - Came into the game at a difficult time when we’d just conceded and had no momentum. Both put in a shift defensively.

Chicksen - 7 - Solid, great option to have.

Slocombe 6 - Let himself down again, apart from that one moment he was fine
    Kelly-Evans 6 - OK
    Brindley 7 - Solid, that's twice now he's come through a bombardment at Wrexham as CB
    Rawlinson 6 - Still doesn't look like he's totally at ease with the possession game
    Cameron 9 - Masterful, hardly put a foot wrong. Two assists in 3 games from his position is fantastic
    Taylor 6 - Maybe he's still under the weather. I'm sure he's far better than we saw last night
    Francis 6 - Not bad at all. Fans have to give him a chance
    Palmer 7 - Got better and better as the game went on
    O’Brien 6 - Top marks for involvement. But it always looks dangerous for us when he loses possession, so needs to up his ball retention/pass completion rate
    Mitchell 6 - Looks like a very useful addition to the squad
    Wootton 7 or 8 - Great goal, prodigious workrate but couldn't get himself consistently involved

Rodrigues 6 - Not a great impact for 38 mins
    Roberts 5 - Even less
    Chicksen 6 - Not on long but shored things up well enough
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 31-08-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Slocombe - 5 - At fault for the goal but also deserves some credit for the way we defended set pieces as a unit.

Brindley - 7 - Very consistent, one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Rawlinson - 8 - In his element, won everything in the air. Think he might still be struggling with the knock he took at Barnet.

Cameron - 8 - Looks a great signing. A leader, dominant and very good on the ball for a centre back at this level.

Kelly-Evans - 7 - Another who likes that kind of game, had one chance where he needed a bit more composure.

Taylor - 7 - Caught out by a couple of diagonals but sound otherwise. Looks a good signing.

Francis - 6 - Better than Saturday but the one player who really looks to still be finding his feet.

Palmer - 7 - Just looks a good footballer, midfielder who can do a bit of everything.

O’Brien - 6 - Very hard working, not a lot came off with the ball.

Mitchell - 7 - Promising full debut I thought. Looks similar to Wootton but maybe a bit more mobile at the expense of aerial threat.

Wootton - 8 - Some header. Has been very sharp in front of goal so far.

Ruben and Cal - 6 - Came into the game at a difficult time when we’d just conceded and had no momentum. Both put in a shift defensively.

Chicksen - 7 - Solid, great option to have.
    Not convinced by Francis at all needs to get involved more - 4, seems a poor replacement for Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'm very concerned with Slocombe at the moment. Basically dropped 4 points so far this season because of him (not all his fault but he was at least partially to blame for both goals conceded) I think we might need another goalkeeper to push him because at the moment he's undroppable because we have no one else.

I would love to see us go 4-2-3-1 with Cal, Ruben and Nemane wreaking havoc up top with Wootton. Having a mix of O'Brien, Palmer and Francis as the midfield 2 would be very good for this division
    I share your concerns about Sam. One of the pundits last night said that Sam was reluctant to claim the ball for fear of getting hurt whereas Mullin was totally committed to get the ball and score. I wonder if Sam is lacking confidence to claim 50/50 balls after his spell out with injury last season.
    I think a draw was a fair result which I think will look better as the season goes on and Wrexham turn The Racecourse ground into a fortress. We shouldn't forget Wrexham's disallowed “offside” goal which was a superb effort but nowhere near as good as Karl’s header.
    The biggest positive for me was how the defence was essentially untroubled by Tozer's long throws. The new defence coach has worked wonders very quickly in that department. Last season Wrexham would have managed at least two goals off the back of those.
    Overall a good night's work

Think Jacob's ratings are pretty spot on there. So no need for me to post my ratings.

Really like Taylor. Looks very assured. Palmer looks great too. I was concerned when IB named Cameron as captain, but that is proving to be a good decision so far.

Should be an interesting season.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Think Jacob's ratings are pretty spot on there. So no need for me to post my ratings.

Really like Taylor. Looks very assured. Palmer looks great too. I was concerned when IB named Cameron as captain, but that is proving to be a good decision so far.

Should be an interesting season.
    Funny old game, after Saturday fans were casting doubts about Cameron as captain but one match later it's a good decision.

Surprised at the decent-ish ratings for Taylor. He looks like an accident waiting to happen. Never plays on the half turn and offered literally no attacking threat all game. When he receives the ball it’s always passed inside or he runs inside with it…which wouldn’t be so bad if he knew he could use both feet. He’s like a C rate version of Bakayoko, who never really shined himself either!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast