+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine passports at football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a few friends who are doctors or have relatives who are doctors, and they disagree with criticism of the health service. There are staff shortages and vacancies that are long term. I don't think this is propaganda. My life experience is that you can soldier on in adversity but there comes a point when the issues have to be addressed.
    I think we are trying to run before we can walk. We should try to keep the basically private sector care of the elderly operating as effectively as possible and fix the NHS with a lot more GPS to handle the Primary care and filter the cases that actually need hospitalisation.
    It might be interesting to understand how the vaccine roll out was managed. Perhaps the speed created large numbers in a few months which created a cycle of millions all needing their second vaccine at the same time and the same millions needing their boosters at the same time. Get some smoothing out of the numbers and surely you could have a proper system for mass vaccinations? If you get the bureaucracy right then we all benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I have a few friends who are doctors or have relatives who are doctors, and they disagree with criticism of the health service. There are staff shortages and vacancies that are long term. I don't think this is propaganda. My life experience is that you can soldier on in adversity but there comes a point when the issues have to be addressed.
    I think we are trying to run before we can walk. We should try to keep the basically private sector care of the elderly operating as effectively as possible and fix the NHS with a lot more GPS to handle the Primary care and filter the cases that actually need hospitalisation.
    It might be interesting to understand how the vaccine roll out was managed. Perhaps the speed created large numbers in a few months which created a cycle of millions all needing their second vaccine at the same time and the same millions needing their boosters at the same time. Get some smoothing out of the numbers and surely you could have a proper system for mass vaccinations? If you get the bureaucracy right then we all benefit.
    As far as NHS Scotland which is a devolved matter and comes under the control of the Scottish Government is concerned there has been too much centralisation since the SNP came to power in May 2007.
    The SNP controlled Scottish Government introduced degree courses for student nurses which was not necessary as anyone with ‘half a brain’ knows that ‘hands on training’ is the best form of training.
    The number of Hospital beds throughout Scotland have been cut since 2007.
    Islay Hospital used to have a least 12 beds and for at least the past 5 years this has been reduced to one ward of 6 beds.
    An empty ward was used as a dumping ground for obsolete items as you could see the obsolete filing cabinets etc in it as you walked past it after leaving Islay Hospital.
    When the first lockdown started on 23rd March 2020 this redundant ward had to be pressed into service as the place on Islay to get Coronavirus tests.
    The problems with long delays at A&E could easily be resolved if people could get an appointment at their GP but some people are having to wait several days to get an appointment unless they say they need an emergency appointment.
    Last Thursday morning (18th November) I phoned my GP surgery to get an appointment and the first appointment I could get was this
    Monday (22nd November) with my consultation by telephone.
    I was not offered a ‘face to face’ appointment.
    If people need treatment quicker they turn up at A & E where they will be treated but this also jams up A & E with patients
    that should have been treated by their GP if they could have got an appointment.
    In my opinion more use of Kings Cross Hospital should happen.
    At present if you phone NHS 24 after GP practices have closed for the day and speak to various people patients can be sent to see a GP at Kings Cross Hospital.
    I think that Kings Cross Hospital should be used as ‘drop in’ surgery for people needing to see a GP but they cannot get an appointment at their own practice within 24 hours.
    At present anyone on holiday in Dundee taking ill and requiring to see a GP has to register as a temporary patient with a GP practice which last for 90 days.
    However a ‘drop in’ GP surgery in Kings Cross Hospital staffed on a shift basis throughout the day and night would do away with this problem and also reduce the number of people attending A & E for minor complaints.
    Finally.
    Over five years ago there used to be column in the Islay newspaper the Ileach written by one of the GPs on Islay about Health matters on Islay.
    The GPs all have to be in charge of the A & E at Islay Hospital on a rota basis as well as treating patients at their GP surgery.
    According to one article a local Islay resident turned up at A & E in Islay Hospital to get a packet of paracetamol for free as they were not prepared to pay for a packet of paracetamol in the Co-op in Bowmore which was open in that evening until 10pm.
    This is another problem.
    Drugs which can be purchased ‘over the counter’ in a chemist shop or supermarket in Scotland should not be handed out by a GP or at
    an A & E as drugs such as paracetamol which can cost a small amount compared to the cost of issuing a prescription which is big business for chemist shops such as Boots and Superdrug.
    Our GP on Islay prescribes and dispenses their own prescriptions which is lucrative for them.

Part 2.
    Last night was an article on BBC Reporting Scotland about some group wanting to increase the minimum pricing for alcohol in Scotland sold by supermarkets and licensed shops from the current 50p per unit to 65p per unit to try to end problem drinking.
    In my opinion this is a waste of time until people win a drink problem are properly treated.
    On a Saturday morning at the beginning of July 2017 I had to contact NHS 24 as I woke up suffering from a severe fever. I had to attend A & E at Islay Hospital where it was discovered that I was suffering from a urinary tract infection (one of the problems of having a catheter fitted at that time).
    When I arrived at the main entrance of Islay Hospital a nurse took me through to the A & E. I remarked to her that the hospital seemed very quiet and I asked if they had many patients in the hospital. She replied that there was one patient in the hospital.
    While I was being treated in A & E by the GP on duty I remarked that Islay Hospital only had one patient whereas before it used to have a lot of patients with drink problems who were ‘drying out’.
    The GP asked me if I thought that Islay Hospital should be used as a ‘Hostel for drunks’.
    I replied “Where are you going to treat them”.
    The GP replied that people living on Islay with a drink problem are being treated in their own homes.
    I replied that this policy will never work as these people will be able to purchase alcohol in the local shops or get someone to purchase it for them.
    This must have been NHS Highland and possibly NHS Scotland policy at that time.
    I do not know if people living on Islay with a drink problem are still being treated in their own homes but as NHS Highland treat the residents of Islay as a case of ‘out of sight, out of mind’ I would not be surprised if it was still the case.
    One thing is certain. Treating alcoholics in their own home is never going to work as long as they can easily purchase alcohol from local shops to keep them ‘topped up’.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 20-11-2021 at 12:25 PM.

NHS is more overated than Paul mcstay.

These rules coming in from the 6th, why oh why can't people see through this absolute lunacy.

Control the plebs, they will obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    These rules coming in from the 6th, why oh why can't people see through this absolute lunacy.

Control the plebs, they will obey.
    Who do you think the rules are aimed at? Seems to me that those who are not double jabbed or even triple jabbed will take this very badly and will not moderate their behaviour. Teacher's pets, like me, are more worried about covid than listening to the conflicting messages coming from MSM.

Who do you think the rules are aimed at? Seems to me that those who are not double jabbed or even triple jabbed will take this very badly and will not moderate their behaviour. Teacher's pets, like me, are more worried about covid than listening to the conflicting messages coming from MSM.
    I can see these anti vax protests which are happening in Belgium and Holland spreading throughout Europe and U.K.. People are fed up being dictated to by governments and told to get the Covid-19 vaccinations which are not stopping the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I can see these anti vax protests which are happening in Belgium and Holland spreading throughout Europe and U.K.. People are fed up being dictated to by governments and told to get the Covid-19 vaccinations which are not stopping the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    Once again - the vaccine doesn't stop the spread of the virus it mitigates (lessens) the effects of it on the vaccinated individual.

Please don't come back with 'but polio was wiped out' because Covid-19 isn't the same as polio, Covid-19 spreads completely differently.

However I agree with you on the protests, people have had enough of being treated this way by knee jerking, power hungry politicians and get rich quick scientists. Surely has to happen in this country soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Once again - the vaccine doesn't stop the spread of the virus it mitigates (lessens) the effects of it on the vaccinated individual.

Please don't come back with 'but polio was wiped out' because Covid-19 isn't the same as polio, Covid-19 spreads completely differently.

However I agree with you on the protests, people have had enough of being treated this way by knee jerking, power hungry politicians and get rich quick scientists. Surely has to happen in this country soon?
    When it was announced last November (2020) that a new vaccine had been developed to treat the Covid-19 virus most people throughout the U.K. including myself and the rest of the world assumed that this vaccine would prevent people contracting the Covid-19 virus which has not happened.
    This morning I was at my local GP surgery getting my flu jag. I had a discussion with the nurse giving me my flu jag about the merits of the Covid-19 vaccinations and she told me that several of the pupils at Port Charlotte PS have contracted the Covid-19 virus.
    This time last year there were no cases of the Covid-19 virus on Islay and now despite most people having had both their Covid-19 vaccinations with a number of local residents having had their booster vaccinations the Covid-19 virus is running rife throughout the island.
    Worryingly the pupils at Port Charlotte PS are too young to receive a single Covid-19 vaccination.

Tory boy Ross talked sense, not often a Tory does, what does the passport achieve, doesn’t stop the spread, doesn’t stop you catching it, just another way of controlling folk, flexing muscle and showing whose boss, said it before, wouldn’t look out of place in 30’s Germany

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)