+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Ogren investment on here is going up quicker than the ticket prices,i'm sure i've read 7 million,8.5 million and 10 million on this thread alone.
    I know its mental that he has invested £20million and we are still sh!te

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I reckon £30 million will get us top 6 👍😁

I'm sure it only took the funny lot £23 million to break into the top six but there's inflation to consider 🤣

Brilliant stuff boys,just to add Shedboy the Queens have put the room up to £80 per night and breakfast is porridge or flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    It’s £8M 😱 he or his company paid just over a million to get around 85% shares and obviously there’s paying the debts secured by tannadice etc buy ye unbelievable how we can be so poor after massive investment 😁

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    The some being priced out argument is something im not keen on as that gives off the impression that the price is only an issue for people less well off but IMHO the price should be a problem for everyone regardless of whether you can afford it/willing to pay it since that amount to watch what we serve up is a complete joke
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    see i would disagree with that, its no about whats on show its about supporting your team. each to their own though...
    But within lies all the reasons just why it wont matter what the actions are of the minority in this case. We are already divided by ST holders, PATG no matter what, PATG when the Derby comes, then the other side in £30 to watch that skite, extra fiver or put tea on the table!

Before the ET/ST era, i was of the supporting no matter what thinking, but as we have never been financially 100% comfortable, there was always an eye on the money with some of my kids loosing out. I do have to say though that the schools free tickets thing has saved me a few times for making it on matchday!

It may be that with being older/wiser/tighter and coming out of Covid in a different mindset that i think its ludicrous to be asking us to stump up £30 for utter mediocrity! Those kids i talked of earlier are now able to pay for themselves, and the one who has been to more games than me in the Championship era was the first to say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    the accumulation of many recent decisions, reminds me very much of other business models i have seen from business men with no real emotional ties to the business they are in control of.

We have seen them allow squad quality to deteriorate (imho but debatable), hired the cheap option in a manager, have put ticket pricing up in the middle of a pandemic and have not re-invested any of the transfer fees from selling Shankland, we have put much more emphasis on game time for the sellable assets which should really be a work in progress/longer term investment like Mochrie, Watson, Smith, Neilson etc meanwhile other clubs seemingly in a similar situation are investing more than us and in Motherwells case are really showing themselves in a good light.

Every team in the league is struggling just now but the difference in all of the teams atm is how the owners have reacted to the situation... can anyone tell me any clubs from top to bottom in our league who have acted worse than ours these last few months? St J fans are a bit annoyed but i will cut them some slack after seeing their reasons and they prob deserve a transfer window to resolve it.

I firnly beleive if you want to be succesful you need to act successful, and imho we are gambling right now and i dont think it will end well!
    A fair amount of opinion and assumptions there. For instance the ticket prices were put up to cover the situation with refunds from the covid 19 promises made last year. We know this is the reason as the club have said so previously.

They were wanting six quid for a polystyrene cup of cullen skink in a pavement cafe in St Monans today. The views over the North Sea were good but not six quid good so I declined.

£28 for two games of 10 pin 🎳 up in sheepville several weeks ago

£160 for ballet

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)