+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    £8 difference mate, was £22 last time
    Yip, that's correct. Quite a jump there I would say.

I know folk will say that there has been time between them, but, didn't we pay SPL prices for a "wee" while when not in the SPL? Weren't we paying over and above to keep paying the squad SPL wages?

I had no problem with that, but, most of the players were not of SPL standard.

Then now, after all the backing the fans have gave from umpt/een areas, the derby price is £30.

I'm sure it will sell out, but there is a time to reward fans and this might have been the time, but no, the highest price ever for a home game ????

Not a good idea IMO, sends out vibes that the club aren't in touch with the fans.

If the home end sells out (or even close to it) then the club are right to charge that price IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If the home end sells out (or even close to it) then the club are right to charge that price IMHO.
    If it sold out or "even close to it" at £50 per ticket would the club be "right" to charge that then TTT ???

100% correct from a business point of view (even though I'm against the price)

Maybe so but there will be a definite impact on the crowd for cup game with hibs days later. They must get the pricing right for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    100% correct from a business point of view (even though I'm against the price)
    lets just forget the fans who work hard (or maybe not) to gather that cash together for themselves (and family members) as long as it is good for business?

I understand all about business returns etc, but.......... If that is what it is all about, then get out of Scottish futba ASAP . Yould get mair dough in Roughies...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    lets just forget the fans who work hard (or maybe not) to gather that cash together for themselves (and family members) as long as it is good for business?

I understand all about business returns etc, but.......... If that is what it is all about, then get out of Scottish futba ASAP . Yould get mair dough in Roughies...
    I've said from the start I'm against this price rise. But...if it does sell out then it has been priced correctly. Your customers tell you if a price is right or wrong. I don't expect it to sell out and as ridiculous as it sounds I really hope it doesn't because that will send a message to the club that they are charging too much

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I've said from the start I'm against this price rise. But...if it does sell out then it has been priced correctly. Your customers tell you if a price is right or wrong. I don't expect it to sell out and as ridiculous as it sounds I really hope it doesn't because that will send a message to the club that they are charging too much
    Exactly. If there is enough demand then the price is right, it really is as simple as that. We can moan about the price all we want but if the tickets are selling then that says another story.

Sorry........... but there will always be demand for tickets for anything that fans are passionate about. Glastonbury, T in the Park. Scotland at Wemberly etc etc.............

If the demand is dictating the price , we are all truly fcuk'd as honest fans. Lets just stick all the tickets on ebay and let everyone demand their tickets (for the highest price obvz)

Exactly. If there is enough demand then the price is right, it really is as simple as that. We can moan about the price all we want but if the tickets are selling then that says another story.
    As i have said before Terence i think its just the number 30.To be really honest when ADS left his tickets in my hands at my insistence BTW i thought nothing of paying £56 for him and Miss Bradford i just had to get them FN tickets(Hearts at home).Top tier of the ET and i never really questioned the price.
    I still think £30 is too dear for certain area's of the ground but fair for the top tiers,as far as the away ends go everyone's a winner really you pay £30 to sit up high or £30 to go low for the pitch invasion.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)