+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    ET & GF lowers sold out.
    Nae chance, there were hundreds left earlier today. Utd seemed to have withdrew the option of them and opened another shed section.??

Me and my old man are going to this game and we are very fortunate that the higher cost doesn’t give us hard choices to make regarding the use of the cash. I have no problem with United charging £30 as it is the going rate……. What I have a problem with is that it is the going rate! It’s absolutely scandalous that SPL prices are as high as this. The product (the football & overall match day experience) does not warrant any more than about £10. However the clubs need to charge it for the revenue I guess.

On one other point….some have suggested if the prices were half then we’d get double the crowd but I have to disagree. There’s been times in the past where the club have made incentives available to get larger crowds. Bring a friend, cheaper tickets, vouchers for the shop etc and it hardly moved the needle. Even the game against St Mirren after ET had passed and it was a £5 to get in had a crowd of about 10k. A momentous day at a ridiculously cheap price and we didn’t even get close to a sell out.

As it happens I missed that game cos I literally did not have the £5! Tough times!

We filled the ET, GF and Shed for the St Mirren game after Eddie passed and I think had some in the Jerry Kerr, crowd was 11,378... was a few hundred St Mirren fans in the fair play

I do think the turn out would have been big regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Nae chance, there were hundreds left earlier today. Utd seemed to have withdrew the option of them and opened another shed section.??
    There were only about 20 in the whole of the ET last night

Possibly a 2-3 hundred in the GF though so yea weird that they have disappeared, 250 on sale in the shed though (not 300 as I mentioned earlier, forgot the end sections are about half the middle sections)

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    Me and my old man are going to this game and we are very fortunate that the higher cost doesn’t give us hard choices to make regarding the use of the cash. I have no problem with United charging £30 as it is the going rate……. What I have a problem with is that it is the going rate! It’s absolutely scandalous that SPL prices are as high as this. The product (the football & overall match day experience) does not warrant any more than about £10. However the clubs need to charge it for the revenue I guess.

On one other point….some have suggested if the prices were half then we’d get double the crowd but I have to disagree. There’s been times in the past where the club have made incentives available to get larger crowds. Bring a friend, cheaper tickets, vouchers for the shop etc and it hardly moved the needle. Even the game against St Mirren after ET had passed and it was a £5 to get in had a crowd of about 10k. A momentous day at a ridiculously cheap price and we didn’t even get close to a sell out.

As it happens I missed that game cos I literally did not have the £5! Tough times!
    100% bang on. And if it was mathematically possible I’d give it a 110% bang on. Correct on every point.

Lower tier GF now back on the planner.
    We have a few hundred left at most.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    If you’re struggling for 30 pound that’s more on you than United. Nae doubt sitting with a massive tv a ump**** subscriptions, kids with the best trainers etc. 30 pound is F all in comparison to all that shyte. Tin hat firmly on.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    350 ish left in the GF
    250 ish left in the Shed (plus a section unreleased nearest the fair play)

So we are about 1000 from selling out the home ends, they'd be gone at better prices but we probably will still sell them out giving there is a week to go

And so the tin hat should!

People can choose to spend their money on what they like. For a start it’s a sweeping generalisation that everyone could afford it if they prioritised it. Some folk generally prioritise mortgage, bills, and family activities. You can have a great family day out for £30….rather than £92 (2 adults 2 kids) for a game that might be utter baws. Some folk really are struggling for £30. I don’t have kids so have a wee bit more disposable so I can justify the cost.

Also I could be a millionaire but it doesn’t change the fact that the ticket prices are grossly overpriced (again not just united but league wide and in football in general!)

You chose to move to Japan (I assume) for a lifestyle you like (I assume) and it means missing games. To criticise other folk for the lifestyle they chose (tv, trainers etc) meaning they can’t afford games on top is a bit harsh.

At least it’s on tv and we all get to watch it 🙌🏻

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    If you’re struggling for 30 pound that’s more on you than United. Nae doubt sitting with a massive tv a ump**** subscriptions, kids with the best trainers etc. 30 pound is F all in comparison to all that shyte. Tin hat firmly on.
    A truly disgusting post from someone thousands of miles away and probably lucky enough to be living a comfortable life!

Im not going, my TV is not big or new or do i have subscriptions all over the place, but we are financially comfortable. I am though very much aware that there are Arabs out there who would love to go week in week out but live in the real Dundee which is nowhere as affluent as some believe!

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)