+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crawley - pre match

Crawley - pre match

The team I would pick 4 - 3 - 1 -2

Jensen
    Mellor Whelan McDonald Armer
    Riley Mellish Guy
    Clough
    Abrahams Dickenson

I am going for a clean sheet and 0-3

My team would be 4-3-3.

Jensen
    Mellor Whelan Feeney Armer
    Riley Mellish Guy
    Gibson Young Dickenson.

In reality, unless there are any injuries, I will be surprised if Beech changes the team from last week.

No prediction until later in the week (see Predictocomp Week 6).

Last match for Crawley - an away loss to Bristol R 1 - 0 but look to present some attacking threat https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...rs-1-0-crawley

Crawley’s new signing, Joe Lynch:

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/...-united-clash/

Jensen

Mellor Whelan Feeney Armer

Dixon Riley Clough Dickenson

Young Mampala

Everything points to a draw, doesn't it?

Crawley also beat Salford at home 2-1, and lost by one goal away to Hartlepool.

On the flip side they've conceded six goals twice this season, but signing an old head in defence might stop all that nonsense.

If we play the same tactics we played at Hartlepool and for the first hour on Saturday we haven't an earthly, but if we play like we did for the last half hour on Saturday we'll beat them comfortably.

If Lynch starts for them on Saturday, it'll likely see Francomb move to right-back meaning their back four will contain a 33, 36 and 30-year-old, so I'd pick our quickest front three in Dickenson, Gibson and Abrahams. I'd stick Dickenson on the right, as their left-back is more technical and probably won't fancy a physical battle. Hessenthaler is a decent player midfielder, but neither Powell nor Payne will be looking forward to going up against a confident Mellish, they've set up in a 4-4-2 recently so it's 3v2 in midfield presuming we stick with the 4-3-3. Win the midfield battle and we'll win the game, let them spray the ball about and we'll be in trouble. Wouldn't mind seeing Feeney come in for McDonald. At least 7 points out of the next 9 should be the aim.

Match preview by CUFC now available https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/new...-crawley-away/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rOtpNM1spo&t=5s Highlights of the same fixture last season, with the wicked bounce for our first goal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)