+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Policy

Recruiting Policy

Recruitments at ER policies ?

Fact is midfield was addressed but the required dough was to much to secure targets wanted.

For sure the Euro's value now swing matters against Leeds securing young promising european targets that have to fit the 'set' Rad's spending Pounds policies into youth.
    Bielsa only reiterates the clubs policy of hiring youth,training,programming of said youth and to be fair that is now beginning to show early promise.

As Bielsa stated last week the Leeds policy in youth investment is a 'brave strategy' that he is happy to work with.He doesn't blame his tools & nor will I as tools vary in price and more often than not you get what you pay for quality wise but only after you use them and get to know how they like to be used - such integration involves many individual attributes to handle carefully which involve time.

We won't go down as we'll just produce enough,my view,but fact is times are tough and attacking midfielder Eduardo Camavinga [from Rennes] eventually signed a 6 year deal with Real Madrid for €29.1m (£25m) up front with ad-on's worth up to €40m (£34.4m) if he develops to plan,lot of money for an 18-year-old French international in August 2021.Leeds had put in a serious brave offer for the player that ultimately fell short due to add on's insisted by Rennes with the payment instalments plan offered.

Brave move if it had come off but the flack on here I can only imagine [Firpo] but a big money-move for a mature proven face I suspect would have been greeted in similar manner initially [Rodrigo].
    Time will tell who comes up trumps but 5 games in the verdicts still out to consider from me especially with the young one's maturing to plan.

The Leeds Gaby Ruiz team obviously cover every youth player and his €152.500 [£130,000] salary must be carefully earned reading his detailed weekly translated scouting reports for sure before the chosen ones see Ortas eyes & the Bielsa blessing.

So can anyone identify better recruitment requirements for Leeds Utd ?

I worked in Careers youth advice & I can see positives in the clubs planning for sure.
    Gap analysis,aligning the current and projected workforce profile and drafting of solution, including training versus recruitment, to fill competency gaps. Decisions about the utilisation of contractors and/or existing staff all appear to be utilised within budget at this stage of development under Radz plan.

Anyone one on here be prepared to offer a alternative plan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Fact is midfield was addressed but the required dough was to much to secure targets wanted.

For sure the Euro's value now swing matters against Leeds securing young promising european targets that have to fit the 'set' Rad's spending Pounds policies into youth.
    Bielsa only reiterates the clubs policy of hiring youth,training,programming of said youth and to be fair that is now beginning to show early promise.

As Bielsa stated last week the Leeds policy in youth investment is a 'brave strategy' that he is happy to work with.He doesn't blame his tools & nor will I as tools vary in price and more often than not you get what you pay for quality wise but only after you use them and get to know how they like to be used - such integration involves many individual attributes to handle carefully which involve time.

We won't go down as we'll just produce enough,my view,but fact is times are tough and attacking midfielder Eduardo Camavinga [from Rennes] eventually signed a 6 year deal with Real Madrid for €29.1m (£25m) up front with ad-on's worth up to €40m (£34.4m) if he develops to plan,lot of money for an 18-year-old French international in August 2021.Leeds had put in a serious brave offer for the player that ultimately fell short due to add on's insisted by Rennes with the payment instalments plan offered.

Brave move if it had come off but the flack on here I can only imagine [Firpo] but a big money-move for a mature proven face I suspect would have been greeted in similar manner initially [Rodrigo].
    Time will tell who comes up trumps but 5 games in the verdicts still out to consider from me especially with the young one's maturing to plan.

The Leeds Gaby Ruiz team obviously cover every youth player and his €152.500 [£130,000] salary must be carefully earned reading his detailed weekly translated scouting reports for sure before the chosen ones see Ortas eyes & the Bielsa blessing.

I worked in Careers youth advice & I can see positives in the clubs planning for sure.
    Gap analysis,aligning the current and projected workforce profile and drafting of solution, including training versus recruitment, to fill competency gaps. Decisions about the utilisation of contractors and/or existing staff all appear to be utilised within budget at this stage of development under Radz plan.

Think it was fairly simple TBH - the price we offered should have secured O’Brien but Hudds didn’t like the structured payments. That amount of money paid in one go or even over two seasons not 4 should not have put us in breach of FFP (not least because of CVD adjustments which are allowed).

Would rather we had O’Brien signed up than Dan James (whom I like a lot but was not a need) and used the Dan James money to secure that.

If Forshaw was part of the reason then that would seem a huge risk to gamble on his fitness.

Anyway Que sera sera all now water under the bridge.

We do have one under utilised midfielder in Shacks and just hope he gets to play there more.

Bate and Charlie Allen look great but at least a full season away from being ready to regularly play in the prem in midfield.

It was the most glaring weakness after LB and we didn’t fix it.

Nice write up.

I do have to point out that if you don't use players when the current players are not playing at their best then all the strategy and long term planning means nothing. If someone has play time regardless of how well they are doing in a match or even in aggregate for the season then it's not really competition, tactical or strategic plan. it's just statements to appease the fans.

The only way the youth are even getting a chance is due to injury or suspension. I realize I'm not at the training ground but I can watch the games and see what's going on. We have not controlled or dominated the center midfield or striking all season. we've also not really made any change to possibly correct that issue. Rodrigo was moved up due to Bamfords injury.

it's time to give someone else a shot in the midfield. we control the wings well and with the right CB's we hold our own at defense. We have a very good keeper. would it really hurt to give Shackleton, Gelhart or Mckinistry a shot? Klich looks tired, Rodrigo can look out of place at mid and Dallas also has looked a little tired.

I think that Cresswell and Strujik look great at CB. Big tall scrapping players with good ball touch and instincts. Future stars.

The real issue is that it's human nature that if you know you have a job (in the case of football... a starting spot) you can let up a bit. when you have someone pressing you and you know you might lose that spot you are going to step up or lose your spot. we don't have that right now.

we are where we are at (the prem) because of MB. However we can just as easily lose that spot if we don't adapt. The next games will determine if we are in a relegation battle all year or not. Watford, at home, is no walk in the park.

Trying to put the financial bits to one side etc, other clubs of similar size / setup etc, always seem to find the bargains, the little nuggets, and also seem to use the loan market to greater effect.
    Every window, it seems to be all eggs - one basket with us, and if that fails for whatever reason, theres never a Plan B or C.

have to disagree on the bargains.

If you look at what we have in the pipeline we've gotten some great bargains. Strujik, Meslier, Strujik, Cresswell, Summerville and Gelhart are prem players. That's less that one of the big signings. Many of our existing players including Phillips, Bamford, Ayling, Harrison and Klich were all signings when it was really hard to get/keep someone at Leeds.

Not a bad track record overall. By prem standards at least better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Yes but it costs money.
    Here the clubs have recruiters all over the country. They look at everything from little leagues to country leagues and every league in between. There task is to hand pick. Also have a third league just for youth under 18 where the best talent in the country line up against each others and mostly that is where they are recruited from.
    Some of the best players have been picked at very low picks as most clubs scrabble for the better known hyped up media players.
    The recruiters come into play with these late picks.
    Anyway we know how the leagues' in Europe work so no hope of something like that ever happening.
    Talent is everywhere you just need the tools to find them in the long run wont cost millions.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    have to disagree on the bargains.

If you look at what we have in the pipeline we've gotten some great bargains. Strujik, Meslier, Strujik, Cresswell, Summerville and Gelhart are prem players. That's less that one of the big signings. Many of our existing players including Phillips, Bamford, Ayling, Harrison and Klich were all signings when it was really hard to get/keep someone at Leeds.

Not a bad track record overall. By prem standards at least better than average.
    The young players you mentioned all have come through other teams ranks so we developed jack Not sure of cresswell where he came from but the others all came from other teams. Phillips shows you can find gems on your own if you are prepared to develop them. Phillips isn't the player that he is because we play him nonstop in the under 23s,Was hand picked early and played firsts even when we were struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The young players you mentioned all have come through other teams ranks so we developed jack Not sure of cresswell where he came from but the others all came from other teams. Phillips shows you can find gems on your own if you are prepared to develop them. Phillips isn't the player that he is because we play him nonstop in the under 23s,Was hand picked early and played firsts even when we were struggling.
    Cresswell is one of ours been here since he was 11. Casey was the same as was Jack Clarke.

Max Dean and Jenkins both from junior ranks and I think Kenneh is too.

Some of the others we have brought in to the academy but seem to have done it well.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Cresswell is one of ours been here since he was 11. Casey was the same as was Jack Clarke.

Max Dean and Jenkins both from junior ranks and I think Kenneh is too.

Some of the others we have brought in to the academy but seem to have done it well.
    Yeah was just pointing out to the ones mentioned and that we actually didn't develop them. None of the goalkeeper's are locals or English man more to the point. Academy's should be developing locals not picking them from all over the place at an age where they are all develop. For me developing is the Phillips Creswell's Rooney's of this world.

I think that ship sailed here about 20 years ago Oz

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)