+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliding Doors moment?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't know may chairmen/owners above us in the football pyramid but compared to Trew and Hardy we are rich rich rich and more importantly paying the milk bill.
    With the benefit of hindsight comparing our owners to Trew and Hardy is setting the bar rather low, and I'm not sure paying the milk bill on time is a big positive. I don't think many want us to spend money that we don't have, but I would find it hard to accept that given our attendances at this level, we become second class in a bidding war for a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Saturday v Woking might be the beginning of an amazing run that sees us climb into 1st place and stay there, Dover might put a run together that sees them ultimately avoid relegation. As of today however, I'd swap our owners for Wrexham's owners in a heart-beat, I'd probably swap our owners for the vast majority of chairman above us in the pyramid.

We are getting worse under the Reedtz bros, there is no argument about that, it's a stone cold fact. Last season we finished lower in the table and got knocked out at an earlier stage in the play offs than 2019/20.
    This week, it's been confirmed what we've probably all suspected - deep down - since the day Burchnall was appointed. The owners are, relatively speaking, skint.

If they haven't got the football nous either, then - tragically - we are still yet to hit rock bottom and that is not going to be pretty.

COYP
    A HUUUUGE dollop of assumption there UTM! Good lord.

IB will not have been a bargain basement acquisition for a start.

In terms of how they run the club I'm much more in favour of this style (so far anyway, things can of course change over time) than the 'throw a few million borrowed or non-existent quid in and then walk away leaving the club on fire if it doesn't work' brigade.

Reedtz IN for me.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-09-2021 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Reposted edit after it didn't save first time

I think there is always a chance of being second class in a bidding war for a new player if against a club who are (potentially) recklessly overspending and officially "going for it" that season. Anyone else at this level we should definitely be financially very competitive.

When we signed Enzio and Dennis I'm sure we made a few other teams in that league look second class and blew them out of the water with out offers for each.

Oh and paying the 'milk bill on time' isn't a big positive i'd say it's a necessity of any owner

Oh Alan

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Saturday v Woking might be the beginning of an amazing run that sees us climb into 1st place and stay there, Dover might put a run together that sees them ultimately avoid relegation. As of today however, I'd swap our owners for Wrexham's owners in a heart-beat, I'd probably swap our owners for the vast majority of chairman above us in the pyramid.

We are getting worse under the Reedtz bros, there is no argument about that, it's a stone cold fact. Last season we finished lower in the table and got knocked out at an earlier stage in the play offs than 2019/20.
    This week, it's been confirmed what we've probably all suspected - deep down - since the day Burchnall was appointed. The owners are, relatively speaking, skint.

If they haven't got the football nous either, then - tragically - we are still yet to hit rock bottom and that is not going to be pretty.

COYP
    Good grief! The aquisition of Cameron was certainly not cheap. I don't think that the owners are skint but its clear they are not people who throw money away either. Chucking a load of money at the academy is not the actions of someone who is 'skint' either. We were certainly getting worse under Ardley there can be no argument about that. I am still hoping we have turned a corner since he left. Time will tell. I can say hand on heart I would not swap our owners for Wrexhams. We've been through all of that before and in the long term it certainly did NOT benefit us. I am honestly wondering if your account has been hacked by Elite Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It seems to have been a very quick change of mind though, with just four days between the registration of the company they used to buy Notts and the change of the company name from Wrexham Limited.
    I thought you may have hooked someone with that, but nothing doing. Not a bad try though.

Reedtz IN for me.
    Me too, and I couldn't contemplate swapping our owners for Wrexham's. How fickle some folks can be.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I thought you may have hooked someone with that, but nothing doing. Not a bad try though.

The change of company name from Wrexham Limited to Reedtz Limited was completed on the day the Notts takeover was announced as complete. Perhaps I have put 2 and 2 together and made 5 but it seems reasonably logical?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  10.4 KB
    Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  10.8 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-09-2021 at 11:33 PM.

If you’re ever feeling to upbeat and need calming down a bit, a quick call to upthemaggies should rectify that. About as negative and miserable as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    If you’re ever feeling to upbeat and need calming down a bit, a quick call to upthemaggies should rectify that. About as negative and miserable as you can get.
    Yes he certainly seems to have swung dramatically to the pessimistic side of late doesn't he? I don't remember him being so down on everything Notts until quite recently. Hope all's well.

A HUUUUGE dollop of assumption there UTM! Good lord.

IB will not have been a bargain basement acquisition for a start.

In terms of how they run the club I'm much more in favour of this style (so far anyway, things can of course change over time) than the 'throw a few million borrowed or non-existent quid in and then walk away leaving the club on fire if it doesn't work' brigade.

Reedtz IN for me.
    Completely agree..!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast