+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 02.10.21 [NL]

Just listened to the coach's post-match interview. It seems much of the thrashing was down to the referee. And us not being able to recognise how inferior "teams like that" play and deal with it. We had a very good 70 minutes though. It's sort of Ardleyesque, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Just listened to the coach's post-match interview. It seems much of the thrashing was down to the referee. And us not being able to recognise how inferior "teams like that" play and deal with it. We had a very good 70 minutes though. It's sort of Ardleyesque, isn't it?

Yeah IB is right about the ref he missed their blatant equaliser, should have been 5-1 🙄, tbh I don’t listen to his interviews as they are uninspiring at best!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Yeah IB is right about the ref he missed their blatant equaliser, should have been 5-1 ��, tbh I don’t listen to his interviews as they are uninspiring at best!
    We need to be more braver, we need to be more intense, we need to take less passes in front of goal Bla Bla Bla. Its the same crap every week, but we never do anything about it...

"Uninspiring at best interviews??!" Really? The worm has well and truly turned after yesterday's match.

I think that's been one of if not his strongest suit to date just. I find them honest, insightful, and shock horror interesting. And I'm not even comparing them to some of the shocking interviews of past Notts managers.

Shows how people can view the same interviews so differently/contrastingly.

Doesnt really matter what IB says to the media it wont be what he is saying to the players that is for sure.

He isnt going to start kicking off on the radio about them as it achieves nothing.

We need to win one of the next two games we are good enough to do it obviously but will we do it.

Also in fairness when you lose all 3 of your starting CBs plus goalkeeper it doesnt take a genius to work out we will struggle without them.

Our record with them this season is under a goal a game so hardly leaking goals.

I can sense people already want IB out just by the tone of the comments I mean we need to go back to the days of 3 managers a season as that was great stuff.

People wanted us to be like Brentford,Swansea etc but as soon as a couple of bad results happen its the wrong thing to do.

The reality is we are a non league club we have no divine right to walk this league we have been losing money and been cr*p for two decades pretty much and the scary thing is we could drop even further down.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We need to be more braver, we need to be more intense, we need to take less passes in front of goal Bla Bla Bla. Its the same crap every week, but we never do anything about it...
    He hasn't got the players to change it, that's what I think he's not realising. He thinks he can coach them into a good team but they haven't got it in them. Really depressed today at being a notts fan, I mean it's normally depressing but it just seems like another season wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "Uninspiring at best interviews??!" Really? The worm has well and truly turned after yesterday's match.

I think that's been one of if not his strongest suit to date just. I find them honest, insightful, and shock horror interesting. And I'm not even comparing them to some of the shocking interviews of past Notts managers.

Shows how people can view the same interviews so differently/contrastingly.
    So from what he said is what you saw on the pitch yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    He hasn't got the players to change it, that's what I think he's not realising. He thinks he can coach them into a good team but they haven't got it in them. Really depressed today at being a notts fan, I mean it's normally depressing but it just seems like another season wasted.
    For what good he is doing, we may as well have stuck with Ardley. The football is just the same....At least Ardley had a say in what players he wanted, although that went against the grain...

Our midfield is the weakest it has been for ages, we have no physical presence and no height. Because of this, we never win any first or second balls. The style of play is not suited to this league, when will the penny drop ???... Chesterfield must be having a right laugh at us for signing Mitchell, absolute dire performance, but somehow managed to stay on the whole game.. I wonder what excuse will be given for that load of crap...
    I thought the whole show was garbage. You could just see it coming. I left ofter they got there 2nd goal and heard the 3rd go in when i got to the Navvi car park. Crap players and crap tactics. Now i'll get shot down for my opinion but i don't give a sh1t

For what good he is doing, we may as well have stuck with Ardley. The football is just the same....At least Ardley had a say in what players he wanted, although that went against the grain...
    Not really Ardley had to go he had the stigma of relegating us he had 3 years that is enough time.

IB hasnt had a full season and deserves that right we are going to be around play off places.

No manager is going to get a 100% say in players now that is not how our model works and clubs in major leagues use data like this.

IB knew what job he was taking when he joined and it is something he is used to in Sweden.

Whether it works is another matter only time will tell.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast