+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 02.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Sounds like that from the commentary. It was all about getting that 2nd....but going to pieces like this is really worrying.
    Hoping some posters can put their finger on what the main problems are.
    our coach for one, and I don't mean the team bus

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I much prefer this formation with Brindley at fullback. Have to find a way of playing Nemane, Roberts and Rodders together. Mitchell sounds lively too.
    Mitchell??? How did he stay on all game he contributed nothing.
    The first 25 minutes were fairly even and then we played some good stuff and scored a cracking goal. The start of the second half we were a bit scrappy but then took charge and should have scored a second but they bought their sub (11) on with about 20 mins. to go and he changed the game. He gave Brindley the run around and won the corner and free kick for 2 of their goals. Mind you our defence was a joke in that time and we lost our heads.

So far I'm finding the analyses from those you went very depressing...
    mostly on about fundamental playing style...which we know isn't going to change.
    What about actual performances? How did Wootton perform? JOB? What actually went wrong for the goals? You know concrete stuff, not these fantasies about hard men, 'monsters' etc.

I'm going to Halifax, can't wait to see for myself

Apologies to i1961, KK who posted good stuff while I was typing
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 02-10-2021 at 05:05 PM.

mostly on about fundamental playing style...which we know isn't going to change.
    What about actual performances? How did Wootton perform? JOB? What actually went wrong for the goals? You know concrete stuff, not these fantasies about hard men, 'monsters' etc.

For 70 minutes the majority performed well (Mitchell never in the game) and it looked like we would go on to score a second and then we had a mad 8 minutes. Players who had done well suddenly looked awful, Rodders lost his head, JoB couldn't string a pass together and the defence were all over the place. We are to soft.

Apologies to i1961, KK who posted good stuff while I was typing
    Well for me when the rain stopped we went back to tippy tappy across the 6 yard box, it went forward to no one lost possession and they scored!

To me we are the same now when he was appointed, as a lot of us predicted this was on the cards, we have been very lucky in recent games.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Hugely disappointing and I have to take my medicine. For 70 minutes we were pretty much in control.

Observations;

- Brennan got bullied
    - Nemane, decent game, needed replacing sooner
    - O’Brien needed replacing sooner

Blind faith maybe, still believe in what we are doing and that we’ll turn it around.

I know, ridicule incoming.
    No ridicule if you went and your entitled to your opinion 👍

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    For 70 minutes the majority performed well (Mitchell never in the game) and it looked like we would go on to score a second and then we had a mad 8 minutes. Players who had done well suddenly looked awful, Rodders lost his head, JoB couldn't string a pass together and the defence were all over the place. We are to soft.
    Pretty much this.

There was only one team in the game until they brought on number 11, Thomson? He looked a threat, won a few freekicks and we fell apart. We were unlucky to not be 2-0 up and that would have killed the game imo.

Brennan had an absolute mare of a final 20 minutes, we need Cameron back asap, Patterson picked the ball out of his net 4 times but I'm not sure the lad put a foot wrong all game, gave a few people in the Pavis a heart attack with his confidence on the ball an dealt with the crosses he had a chance with.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Yeah, seems like Mitchell has never been quite ready. Good bench option for now...
    Seems we missed Cameron's captaincy, in both games. Woots has a 0% record all of a sudden, sadly

For fans, there are some players who get slaughtered as soon as they make a single mistake and others, who are favourites don't come under scrutiny. Always been that way I suppose. IB's future will depend on cutting through that crap and getting an XI that won't let him down
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 02-10-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    our coach for one, and I don't mean the team bus
    Is he though ?

He doesnt sign the players as head coach he might have an opinion but its not how football is now in the pro game.

The owners will say we want to play a certain style so that is why they got IB in if he doesnt get results they bring the next coach in but it will be same style.

A few years stuck in the NL could see our fans get toxic and force the owners out then where does that leave us ???

What's this IB said about us being tired, I thought it was supposed to be our dazzling football that made the opposition tired in the last twenty minutes, obviously Woking didn't read the script.
    1st season title favourites, 2nd playoff contenders, 3rd looks like mid table favourites, well that is steady progress so keep the faith and we could be out this division in a couple of years.
    Woking were nothing special BTW

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast