+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 02.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Crap players and crap tactics. Now i'll get shot down for my opinion but i don't give a sh1t
    Good assessment

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Doesnt really matter what IB says to the media it wont be what he is saying to the players that is for sure.

He isnt going to start kicking off on the radio about them as it achieves nothing.

We need to win one of the next two games we are good enough to do it obviously but will we do it.

Also in fairness when you lose all 3 of your starting CBs plus goalkeeper it doesnt take a genius to work out we will struggle without them.

Our record with them this season is under a goal a game so hardly leaking goals.

I can sense people already want IB out just by the tone of the comments I mean we need to go back to the days of 3 managers a season as that was great stuff.

People wanted us to be like Brentford,Swansea etc but as soon as a couple of bad results happen its the wrong thing to do.

The reality is we are a non league club we have no divine right to walk this league we have been losing money and been cr*p for two decades pretty much and the scary thing is we could drop even further down.
    Do you think IB will take us up? That's all that matters, personally I think we're further away from promotion now than under Ardley, not that I look back on his tenure as a golden remembered utopia.
    We have signed and released players who would do a job for us, Effiong yesterday is a prime example. He's a good non league striker he bothered us yesterday and when he played for Dover yet we never even tried to play to his strengths when we signed him. We released Mitch Rose when he was the only midfielder with bite under 30 we had on the books while persisting with Doyle and JOB, good players but neither can do non league hard running for a full 90. If we had Palmer, Reeves and Rose we would be a different team, stronger, harder to beat and playing in the opposition third more. Instead we're going to fanny away the season rotating Francis, Vincent, RR out of position while running the legs off Palmer until he gets injured and no doubt signing another silky apprentice from higher up the pyramid who'll be blown off the ball away at Kings Lynn or the like.
    Alarm bells should be ringing, we couldn't have asked for an easier start but still don't look real contenders, we were truly dire at Altrincham, poor against Maidenhead and Aldershot and in truth second best against Wealdstone for much of the game and blown away in ten minutes by a decent but moderate Woking after we tired on seventy minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Because incredibly we had 3 CBs all injured at the same time. Our squad naturally doesn't stretch to cover that. Could we have got an experienced CB in for a month maybe, not sure.

Agree it's a pathetic result, sounds like the result was worse than the performance but that's very little consolation.
    This is what a lot of people seem to be missing, and forgetting games like Wrexham where the team faught tooth and nail and dealt with every ball in to the box all game (until Slocombe's error imo). When you're missing KEY players it's difficult to be as good as you can be and yesterday we missed Kyle Cameron massively.

It made us switch to a back 4 which worked for most of the game but when they brought on the number 11 and he ran at Brindley, the right side of our defence looked awful with the youngster Brennan having an absolute mare but when you're down 3 central defenders it difficult to bring someone in that will be as good as your first choice players, if everyone was fit you'd think Brennan would be behind Lacey, Cameron, Rawlinson and possibly one of Chicksen or Brindley if we were playing the back 3.

We've dealt with set pieces and balls into the box relatively well all season, exceptionally well compared to previous years and been a threat with our attacking ones too, it's a bit silly questioning things like Alex Clapham now when his, and Burchnall's hands are effectively tied due to injuries.

Yesterday was not a fault with our tactics going forward, I'm not sure we've looked more comfortable at 1-0 up all season for the first 70 minutes and on another day one of the missed chances might have gone in to make it 2-0. How the team plays in open play has no baring on defending set pieces, we have a system to deal with those and that's worked all season, but when key parts of that plan are missing you have to hope replacements can step up to the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Do you think IB will take us up? That's all that matters, personally I think we're further away from promotion now than under Ardley, not that I look back on his tenure as a golden remembered utopia.
    We have signed and released players who would do a job for us, Effiong yesterday is a prime example. He's a good non league striker he bothered us yesterday and when he played for Dover yet we never even tried to play to his strengths when we signed him. We released Mitch Rose when he was the only midfielder with bite under 30 we had on the books while persisting with Doyle and JOB, good players but neither can do non league hard running for a full 90. If we had Palmer, Reeves and Rose we would be a different team, stronger, harder to beat and playing in the opposition third more. Instead we're going to fanny away the season rotating Francis, Vincent, RR out of position while running the legs off Palmer until he gets injured and no doubt signing another silky apprentice from higher up the pyramid who'll be blown off the ball away at Kings Lynn or the like.
    Alarm bells should be ringing, we couldn't have asked for an easier start but still don't look real contenders, we were truly dire at Altrincham, poor against Maidenhead and Aldershot and in truth second best against Wealdstone for much of the game and blown away in ten minutes by a decent but moderate Woking after we tired on seventy minutes.
    I dont know if he will take us up I hope so but percentage wise if I say no I am more likely to be right.

As I said the structure should be questioned not just the coach it is well documented that head of recruitment is in charge of player signings.

So if you are the coach but your transfer team buy duds is it your fault if they cant do the basics ??

When Cameron Rawlinson and Lacey are back we'll look stronger at defending as they are proper CBs with experience.

The biggest concern for me is our fans turning on the owners as if they walk we have no idea what will happen.

I think we do need a Ravenhill / Bishop type midfielder but I cant change that.

Ignoring all the understandable doom and gloom after getting thumped 4-1 at home it seems to me that our simple main objective following yesterday is to turn those first 70 minutes into 90+ minutes of performance.

On another point, for those that attended, how did Vincent look in his brief time on the pitch?

I've just watched the highlights from Woking v Chesterfield, the sheer hunger and determination to win the ball won it for them, looked a copy of our game, one down and a strong recovery, where they just kept going until the opposition was overwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ignoring all the understandable doom and gloom after getting thumped 4-1 at home it seems to me that our simple main objective following yesterday is to turn those first 70 minutes into 90+ minutes of performance.

On another point, for those that attended, how did Vincent look in his brief time on the pitch?
    He is too small to have any influence in midfield.. We needed someone 6ft plus...

During his brief appearance, he looked to get on the ball, move it forward and make himself available again. Looked fairly energetic, but too short a time to draw any conclusions from.

As per Durham’s post later. Not 6ft plus, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t compete. Although, I do understand it does leave us short in the height department.

Thanks both. I'm not bothered by his height or lack thereof, I was just curious about the impression he created. He's not been brought in to be a bruiser so I don't think his height matters.

That's the objective, but I'm not sure players at this level are capable of playing that brand of football for 90 minutes game after game, which is the consistency we would need to win this league. If they were, then they would probably be playing at least three divisions higher already. Whatever style of play you adopt, it needs to be one that enables the players at your disposal to grind out results even on days when they aren't 'clicking' or playing particularly well, because that's going to happen a lot with lower league players. The reason Manchester City can play their brand of football so consistently well is because they have a squad full of top quality talent.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast