+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Party whips, cheerleaders, pitchforkers, nodding dogs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    We've got the full spectrum of opinions on here, from those who are sceptical about manager, players and owners, to those who think we are generally progressing nicely on and off the pitch.

There is nothing wrong with that. In fact it's a good thing to hear a variety of contrasting opinions.

But please, for the good of the board, let's keep to the time-honoured tradition of making a point and backing it up with the evidence as you see it, and arguing your point, rather than making it personal and creating two opposing factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The problem with NCM nowadays is that we don't have Fword fans dropping by to tell us some home truths (and I don't mean just Tricky, there were quite a few others). Fword fans were fair game for abuse to get things off your chest, then you could go away and think about what they'd said and accept some of it was probably right. Now it's left to our own to be the canaries in the coal mine with the inevitable accusations of not being "a real fan" for failing to join in with the happy clapping and unquestioning adoration for the people who "saved our club" purely out of love for us very special fans that other clubs apparently don't have.
    I wouldn’t accuse anybody of not being a real fan. Although, my opinion, there are some who appear to want to negatively pick away at anything the club do. I used the Nemane example in my post above. How can anyone suggest he was a waste of shirt after less than 70 minutes of football is beyond me.

Durham comes across as one of the most negative posters. However, he posted yesterday evening that he follows Notts home & away, but only supports the players when at a CD match. Not that he’s asked for it or needs it, but he has my respect for that.

I don’t think I’m a happy clapper or nodding dog. But I do believe I’m realistic in my expectations. Some may say I’m easily pleased.

Don’t know what or how CD got in there.

Bloody Hell, don't tell me I need to get me pitchfork of of retirement. I've only just oiled it and put it away.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...woking-6004897

We've got the full spectrum of opinions on here, from those who are sceptical about manager, players and owners, to those who think we are generally progressing nicely on and off the pitch.

There is nothing wrong with that. In fact it's a good thing to hear a variety of contrasting opinions.

But please, for the good of the board, let's keep to the time-honoured tradition of making a point and backing it up with the evidence as you see it, and arguing your point, rather than making it personal and creating two opposing factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Bloody Hell, don't tell me I need to get me pitchfork of of retirement. I've only just oiled it and put it away.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...woking-6004897
    Just silly talk, it’s posts like this that get right on my nerves. Why did you put it away!?

Hope for the best , prepare for the worst , and expect the unexpected. Not necessarily in that order.

A new week now and a swift opportunity to put things right.

Leaders Grimsby away to in-form Altrincham (3 straight wins) tomorrow night, so there might be an chance to close the gap and restore some hope.

Worst case scenario is that we end up below Ardley's team, which would not reflect well on Burchnall. Solihull are away to Wealdstone.
    Wrexham v Chesterfield will be an interesting one too.

We all change our opinions depending on what we see at the club and on the pitch. You won't have found many pitchforks after the Barnet game if any at all, after the Woking result then obviously they'll be some more. That's football and everyone can think what they like. I'm still behind IB and the Reedtz but if they deserve some stick then they're going to get it the same as they get praise when they do well. I think there's too much made of this pitchfork, nodding dog. You can be either it's upto each poster.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We all change our opinions depending on what we see at the club and on the pitch. You won't have found many pitchforks after the Barnet game if any at all, after the Woking result then obviously they'll be some more. That's football and everyone can think what they like. I'm still behind IB and the Reedtz but if they deserve some stick then they're going to get it the same as they get praise when they do well. I think there's too much made of this pitchfork, nodding dog. You can be either it's upto each poster.
    Orr can you be a combination of both depending on recent results? If that's the case, put me down as a ''dog-fork''.

I think there are far too many knee jerk over the top reactions on here. People go too far.
    We should stick to a more sensible and proportionate response of sacking the board, shooting the players, lynching the coaching staff and burning down the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I think there are far too many knee jerk over the top reactions on here. People go too far.
    We should stick to a more sensible and proportionate response of sacking the board, shooting the players, lynching the coaching staff and burning down the ground.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast