+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: £150 million on Eurolottery

£150 million on Eurolottery

I wonder how many of us are wondering tonight what we would do with CUFC / Pattinson and Nixon if we won.

Sorry, but Mrsgriff would spend it all on shoes.

I honestly wouldn't want to win £150 million because it would to much,you can only drive one car at a time and sleep in one house so what do you do with the rest? Give some to family but how much? Friends won't be happy if you leave them out,then there's ne'er-do-wells finding out and making life hard for you,full price Jack Daniel's every night instead of waiting until it's on offer, would I look like a nob in a Ferrari or Lamborghini, probably so a mid ranged car then,I would then have to make a will saying what to do with the £145 million that I never got around to spending,would that amount make me arrogant and go to my head,I hope not but you never know,£500k would be a decent amount to have a good time with

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Sorry, but Mrsgriff would spend it all on shoes.
    Very good Griff 😂

There are regular good moments when you get an email saying log on as you have won - £100 million? £ 1 million? a few thousand? Invariably, it is £2.60 or £5.20

Our lottery is capped at $70m (£40m ish) although they give away more lower value prizes for rollovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    Our lottery is capped at $70m (£40m ish) although they give away more lower value prizes for rollovers.
    Taxable as in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    Where exactly is it you live piglet,Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    There are regular good moments when you get an email saying log on as you have won - £100 million? £ 1 million? a few thousand? Invariably, it is £2.60 or £5.20
    I don’t do the lottery nowadays but I won £25 on the premium bonds today. Savings pay nowt so that’s a bonus.

We're a Commonwealth country, Cayambe. So the tax laws are more sensible than the US.

The differences are you have to add tax to ticket prices in shops and online (which takes some getting used to) but you can also claim tax back every year as a % of what you spend on certain things is tax deductible (dentist bills, prescriptions, professional expenses, bear care, etc).

Winnings (gambling or gameshow) are not taxable here but are in the US.

Popo, smarten yourself up, Charver.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)