+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scùnthorpe Post Match Thoughts

Scùnthorpe Post Match Thoughts

Question. When is a tin pot not a tin pot? Answers on a postcard to Papa John please. That's what I call efficient finishing, 9 shots, 4 on target, 4 goals, job done but as I'm sure someone will point out it was against the 92nd placed team in the Football League. You can only beat what's in front of you and as mentioned on the match thread, a winning habit is a good one to have, it's certainly better than picking your nose and eating the proceeds

Thoughts?

Hull did well again, definitely promising
    4 well taken goals, 3 strikers scoring, can't be bad
    Odoffin got some more minutes, definitely a project but he has unteachable attributes such as athleticism so the rest we can coach, hopefully
    Vickers solid, couple of nice stops, comes for crosses well, commanding
    No new injury concerns on the face of it
    9 games in a row we have scored
    6 unbeaten
    All but through in a competition, even if it is tinpot, good to see
    Like the performance in the main I kind of drifted through the game, half zoned out it seems, not grumbling mind

Am just listening to Grimsby Town at Altrincham. Town currently lead 3-1 but have taken 1,251 fans which I think is remarkable for a lousy Tuesday night (250 mile round trip).

Great comp for giving players game time. 4-1 Grigg scores again.

Terrible atmosphere I was freezing. 😊

Good win. Nothing to complain about.
    Onto next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Am just listening to Grimsby Town at Altrincham. Town currently lead 3-1 but have taken 1,251 fans which I think is remarkable for a lousy Tuesday night (250 mile round trip).
    Pleased for Grimsby.

Ryan Taylor for Grimbo
    Ben Pringle just come on for Alti
    Last edited by flourbasher; 05-10-2021 at 08:24 PM.

This tin pot bit.
    What is it worth money wise?

Like you said cam a wins a win and doesn't matter who against it breeds confidence and also puts pressure on first team players not involved

A little sloppy and scrappy at times, some of which could have been the weather, but can't complain about a 4-1 win where a couple of the squad players get a good run out and we have three different strikers scoring. Good for Warne to try out the switch to a back four too - wasn't quite as slick but good to try and be more flexible tactically

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast