+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 tickets for Blunts fans at Oakwell, 24th October

2000 tickets for Blunts fans at Oakwell, 24th October

How pathetic is that? I'm not having a dig at Barnsley FC but i am having a dig at SYP.The game's been moved to a Sunday 12.30 ko and still Plod think they can't cope with the normal amount of away fans.Most clubs have been hit very badly by Covid and i would've thought this was one of a few games when Barnsley FC would've made a lot more money from the travelling fans.I also think the £36 adult and £28 for over 65's is far too expensive for Championship football and yes i know my own club charges far too much for match tickets also.UTB

Aaar much!

Fooak are off thur eeads paying that forramatch ticket.

Two weeks Universal Credit cut

If it’s £36 to watch em at bum hole lane why not £36 to watch em at jokewell? Should we discount tickets for away fans?
    What do folk think?

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    How pathetic is that? I'm not having a dig at Barnsley FC but i am having a dig at SYP.The game's been moved to a Sunday 12.30 ko and still Plod think they can't cope with the normal amount of away fans.Most clubs have been hit very badly by Covid and i would've thought this was one of a few games when Barnsley FC would've made a lot more money from the travelling fans.I also think the £36 adult and £28 for over 65's is far too expensive for Championship football and yes i know my own club charges far too much for match tickets also.UTB
    Only 2000 tickets - what are the other 50 supporters going to do?

Both clubs ought to come to an agreement to reduce the price. But it's like every other company at the moment; raising their prices astronomically to make up for losses due to covid. Suppose it's a case of if you don't want to pay it don't go - I for one wouldn't be paying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Only 2000 tickets - what are the other 50 supporters going to do?

Both clubs ought to come to an agreement to reduce the price. But it's like every other company at the moment; raising their prices astronomically to make up for losses due to covid. Suppose it's a case of if you don't want to pay it don't go - I for one wouldn't be paying it.
    Covid did cost clubs a lot of money which is one of the reasons why giving only 2,038 tickets when the away end at Oakwell can take at least double that is crackers in my view.When we were in the Premier League the clubs had a maximum charge of £30 for away fans to pay and that was to encourage more fans to travel which helps the atmosphere at games.
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    If it’s £36 to watch em at bum hole lane why not £36 to watch em at jokewell? Should we discount tickets for away fans?
    What do folk think?
    My season ticket this season cost me about £220(as i'm over 60) some money was taken off the cost for the games we were not allowed in that season when we'd paid for a season ticket when Covid started but the cost of paying on a game to game basis is far too much at most clubs in my view.I think at Championship level £25 is enough to pay.UTB

I agree wi Rod. Ridiculous to charge that and why only 2000 tickets available when the stand holds 6000?

Football clubs are pyssing up the fans backs and will continue to do so while ever fans continue to pay it.

My season ticket this season cost me about £220(as i'm over 60) some money was taken off the cost for the games we were not allowed in that season when we'd paid for a season ticket when Covid started but the cost of paying on a game to game basis is far too much at most clubs in my view.I think at Championship level £25 is enough to pay.UTB
    My ticket at Oakwell cost me £180 because of my age so I know what you are saying Rod but Utd fans getting the hump over it is pointless, Utd are getting the same allocation as other teams have this season so you are getting treated no differently, its our club that are missing out financially not yours & there will be other clubs in our league who will be offering you less tickets , history suggests that your average following to Oakwell is not much above the allocation & the kick off time & day are not that appealing , so look at it as £36 saved & you watch your side pick up the 3 points from the comfort of your armchair or down the localc, win win for you Blades .

Rod I think £36 for second division football is ridiculous, I won’t pay it.

My point is if your club ask £36 for away or home fans why should BFC not ask you or any other club to pay the same as they charge for their tickets.

The allocation is a different matter, is it an initial allocation with more if needed @ £36 or is that the lot?

It’s time football gave its head a shake? It used to be a working class game.

£9 an hour minimum wage and £36 for a football match. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Covid did cost clubs a lot of money which is one of the reasons why giving only 2,038 tickets when the away end at Oakwell can take at least double that is crackers in my view.When we were in the Premier League the clubs had a maximum charge of £30 for away fans to pay and that was to encourage more fans to travel which helps the atmosphere at games.
    UTB
    I agree Rod, the 2000 limit is crackers. The cost of the tickets is ridiculous. As an owner I'd much prefer to see 4000 in at a lower price. The money in football is a joke. The cost of Sky Sports is way too high, and though I could easily afford it I refuse to have it.
    Gary Neville was on the news this morning arguing the 20 pound universal credit uplift should remain. Yet I bet he ensures his millions are invested tax efficiently and I wonder if he pays his fair share to the treasury so that the government can afford to pay universal credit uplifts.
    The money in football is making it rotten. And they expect the likes of you and me to pay over the the odds for tickets. That's why I say that, if I were in your position, I wouldn't consider paying 36 quid for a ticket. If everyone refused it may make the powers that be take note.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast