+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ot - Fury v Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Am I the only one then who thinks he/Fury is a moronic waste of fresh air ?.
    Im not particularly a boxing fan, but I always watched when it was people like Eubank and Naseem in the hope that they would get hammered, and thats the only reason I watch Fury as well.
    I don't mind Joshua but he seems to have had his day already, and I hope he doesn't turn out to be another sad former heavyweight like Bruno, who goes on too long and makes too many comebacks.
    "Moronic waste of fresh air" That's a good un Acido

Naseem and Eubank did eventually get hammered but what great showmen. Naseems ability was awesome and his power for a featherweight was frightening. Yes, Naz was full of himself but he had the ability to back it up. I used to love watching him, a total one off.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    His traveller status is neither here nor there he isn't some clown who performs in American wrestling. He's worthy of respect for what he's achieved. Is he one of the all time greats ?
    That's the conversation.
    Yes he is a clown, a complete clown who gets turned on at simply showing off and getting attention. Although admittedly most boxers and in ring performers are the same in that respect.
    Is he an all time great you ask, well in my opinion hell no he isn't and never will be!.

Tut tut tut...

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    "Moronic waste of fresh air" That's a good un Acido
    Yes, Naz was full of himself but he had the ability to back it up. I used to love watching him, a total one off.
    I wouldn't say a one off lol, but he certainly was a total 'summat' thats for sure Pass.
    As for Eubank, that was my favourite era of boxing because it involved Nigel Benn and Steve Collins etc.

I'm not a Fury fan, but have to admit the bloke is a great champion. The fight, early Sunday morning, was one of the best I'd seen, although I still think the Holyfield vs Bowe first two fights are the best. Fury has won every battle that's been in front of him, in and out of the ring, and deserves all the credit in the world. Is he an all-time great? That's all about opinions, to me he's the best there's been for years but I feel that the opposition in that time had been poorer than in previous boxing eras. That's not taking away what he's achieved, he can only beat what is put in the ring with him and a lucky punch by any heavyweight could cause an upset.
    I watched him fight 4 rounds on the start of his boxing journey and thought him raw and cumbersome, but I did say that if he learnt defence as well as attack and got some movement, he be a force to be reckoned with. Well done Tyson, it was a fantastic fight, its been a great journey and you truly deserved the victory and plaudits.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Am I the only one then who thinks he/Fury is a moronic waste of fresh air ?.
    Im not particularly a boxing fan, but I always watched when it was people like Eubank and Naseem in the hope that they would get hammered, and thats the only reason I watch Fury as well.
    I don't mind Joshua but he seems to have had his day already, and I hope he doesn't turn out to be another sad former heavyweight like Bruno, who goes on too long and makes too many comebacks.
    No you’re not.
    Fury is a great fighter - and as been said on here - someone of his size would probably beat any of the past greats.
    Not just his size though is it - at 6’9” he also has very quick feet and hands and can take a punch.
    So a great fighter.

However- as a person - yes you could describe him as moronic.
    I would describe him as VILE.
    And for evidence of that you only have to listen to the disgusting things he says during press conferences.
    A horrible person that clearly has been dragged up.

In my book - any fella - especially a fella with that much physical power - must have grace and behave at all times like a gentleman.
    No wonder Wilder didn’t give him any credit after the match finished.

Billy Fury n Marty Wild er wunce edda feyt rarnd backa Civic !!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No you’re not.
    Fury is a great fighter - and as been said on here - someone of his size would probably beat any of the past greats.
    Not just his size though is it - at 6’9” he also has very quick feet and hands and can take a punch.
    So a great fighter.

However- as a person - yes you could describe him as moronic.
    I would describe him as VILE.
    And for evidence of that you only have to listen to the disgusting things he says during press conferences.
    A horrible person that clearly has been dragged up.

In my book - any fella - especially a fella with that much physical power - must have grace and behave at all times like a gentleman.
    No wonder Wilder didn’t give him any credit after the match finished.
    agree up to a point.... imo being too nice iis half of whats wrong with A.J . To be a good heavyweight you need to be nasty..... someone brung bruno up and the original Tyson.... I rest my case

As in bruno had everything in his abilitys...
    But never had the i want to end you attitude..... just look at tysonv bruno. Frank had him . But niceness stopped him (otherwise known as 5h1t himself )

And finally cos its getting boring now.... check out George Foreman on YouTube. From the great man's lips .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast