+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot - Fury v Wilder

Ot - Fury v Wilder

Don't know how many on here like their boxing but that really was a great fight in the early hours of this morning. Tyson Fury is surely one of the all time greats in the heavyweight division. He has everything and keeps on proving it.

It was edge of your seat stuff and some much needed sporting relief for me personally after what is going on at Oakwell on and off the pitch.

Surely this guy will gain all the belts and be undisputed heavyweight champ because he is the best I've seen in years. He has everything- movement, skill, strength, fitness, tenacity, heart and a devastating ability to either outbox or KO his opponents. The man is an inspiration and a true gentleman. We should all be immensely proud because we haven’t seen a British heavyweight fighter this good in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Don't know how many on here like their boxing but that really was a great fight in the early hours of this morning. Tyson Fury is surely one of the all time greats in the heavyweight division. He has everything and keeps on proving it.

It was edge of your seat stuff and some much needed sporting relief for me personally after what is going on at Oakwell on and off the pitch.

Surely this guy will gain all the belts and be undisputed heavyweight champ because he is the best I've seen in years. He has everything- movement, skill, strength, fitness, tenacity, heart and a devastating ability to either outbox or KO his opponents. The man is an inspiration and a true gentleman. We should all be immensely proud because we haven’t seen a British heavyweight fighter this good in decades.
    2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't have gave Tyson a cat in hells chance of beating Joshua,how wrong was I .Tyson is the real deal and if I were Joshuas management team I wouldn't ever put him in the same ring as Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't have gave Tyson a cat in hells chance of beating Joshua,how wrong was I .Tyson is the real deal and if I were Joshuas management team I wouldn't ever put him in the same ring as Tyson.

I agree. At the moment you'd have to say that Fury would beat Joshua hands down Bill. However, I believe Joshua's defeat to Ruiz a couple o years ago rocked his confidence and Joshua lost his mojo and hasn't been the same fighter since that first loss. Fury on the other hand has gone from strength to strength since his comeback from mental health and I believe Fury is the better all round fighter.

I can't see Joshua beating Usyk in the rematch unless he approaches the fight in a more aggressive way. Usyk is too clever for Joshua to try and outbox. I dare say if Joshua is to win then it'll have to be by KO.

What a fight. Was worth staying up for.
    How fury keeps getting up must be Seoul destroying. The bomb squad is dead long live the gypsy king.

And not one of em would be even relevant when Ali , Smokin Joe , Ken Norton and Foreman were around .

A very low bar today .

6"9 19 stone 11 of gypsy king would be too big too strong . For even the greatest of yesteryear. You may know about behind the scenes football. But obviously you dont know TYSON FURY the best there ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And not one of em would be even relevant when Ali , Smokin Joe , Ken Norton and Foreman were around .

A very low bar today .
    It is a low bar when tha thinks how a pumped up cruiserweight in Usyk can come up and easily take Joshua's belts. However, this has happened before with Evander Holyfield coming up from cruiserweight in the 90's and becoming a multiple heavyweight champion.

I think Fury is the exception in all honesty Animal. Head and shoulders above anything on offer today that's for sure. Comparing him to past fighters is pointless really, he can only beat what's in front of him and he does it with aplomb

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It is a low bar when tha thinks how a pumped up cruiserweight in Usyk can come up and easily take Joshua's belts. However, this has happened before with Evander Holyfield coming up from cruiserweight in the 90's and becoming a multiple heavyweight champion.

I think Fury is the exception in all honesty Animal. Head and shoulders above anything on offer today that's for sure. Comparing him to past fighters is pointless really, he can only beat what's in front of him and he does it with aplomb
    Well it is pointless to an extent but the greatest heavyweight fight I've seen was the third Ali v Frazier fight .

Both fighters fought with so much skill , strength , stamina , sheer will and courage I've never seen it surpassed .

Both fighters were prepared to die in that ring and to be honest both nearly did if Frazier's corner hadn't thrown in that towel before the last round .

Fury is a great and worthy champion no doubt but the top heavyweights in the 70's were in my opinion on another level .

17 stone 6"7 of pure knockout power was still not big enough.... the guy is just too big. Added to that chin so if you do hit him. Big get gets up gets mad and hits you harder..... infront of a arena full of Americans supporting wilder.. history books getting rewritten as we speak..
    If fury isnt in the top 3 of all time its a fix

Tyson Fury is a freak of nature. And just like the earth there is only 1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast