+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frosty the "no" man

I'm very much an Old Testicle bloke. The Bible says that God smote whole tribes of utter
    t­wats. That's the unfortunate thing about God. He apparently has been around since time began, or even before and yet he very selectively does his smiting. In fact he has not done much of it since the days of the Old Testicle. If he had done a bit of selective smiting in 1932 our subsequent tiff with the Germans may not have happened.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 12-10-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    F,uck me, you really live up to your user name don’t you?
    Apologies on behalf of other reasonably minded Carlisle supporters that you had to read that frenchlion.

Racism has no place on a football message board.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    That is a caricature and totally irrelevent to the clear principle as described above. I may as well say that the French eat nothing but snails.

As for both countries totally ceasing to co-operate with each other, the UK is in an overwhelmingly superior position. The French economy has been making losses for the last 45 consecutive years whilst the UK economy performed OK even when inhibited by being in the EU. With each passing day the UK economy is considerably outperforming that of France. That aleady substantial lead can only get bigger, given that the UK is trading very well worldwide. The UK is thriving by taking part in worldwide healthy competition whilst France absolutely abhors healthy competition.
    If you believe what you read in the rabid right wing press Daily Mail, Express, etc etc bully for you.

Oh dear me ..... I like and dislike folk from all over the world, so it is not racism. Over the entire planet the number of nationalities and the number of races are totally different numbers. Racism is most assuredly the wrong term for it. Indeed that is extremely poor.

I have a negative attitude to religions that severely restrict the rights of women. But people with such an attitude often get accused of racism so this healthy attitude is often unjustly met with the accusation of racism. That is equally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    Oh dear me ..... I like and dislike folk from all over the world, so it is not racism. Over the entire planet the number of nationalities and the number of races are totally different numbers. Racism is most assuredly the wrong term for it. Indeed that is extremely poor.

I have a negative attitude to religions that severely restrict the rights of women. But people with such an attitude often get accused of racism so this healthy attitude is often unjustly met with the accusation of racism. That is equally poor.
    So you are now saying that you actually like people from France and the EU?

That is at least some progress.

I have yet to see any counter-arguments to my substantial points here. Let's just choose one. What is the counter-argument to the fact that the EU waters have had every fish scraped up out of them by the current EU members and now the EU, particularly the French, seem to think that they should have rights to invade UK waters, which have been sustainably well managed for at least a quarter of a century by the UK fleet, whilst the French in particular have had no regard for sustainability and their waters have very little life in them.

The EU has its waters that it can use. The UK has its waters that it can use. What could be fairer than that?
    As God would probably say "As ye sow, so shalt ye reap".

So, let's have a rebuttal of that or do you agree with it.

Howoldboy, it is not progress, it has always been thus. I have never said that I totally dislike every French person or indeed the majority of French people. Their politicians will do their best to 'win' in negotiations as will ours.

I lived in France for 8 years in the village of Tillac, Gers.

Sorry Stefan.

You can't open with the the words "But the other EU b*astards are f*uck all use, especially the French" and then expect to be taken seriously.

Ha, here is a conondrum. I also lived in Maubourget, Hautes Pyrenees for a couple of years. I would often go for walks along a path beginning with passing the bull ring (ugh), rugby ground and several other sports alongside a river. When it was hot for several weeks and with no rain the river would rise several feet in height. So that's counter intuitive. So can you work out why that would be. It was nothing to do with the sports clubs etc.

I believe that the bull ring was at a fairly low level of the sport and the bull survived unharmed, like our National League but very occasionally they would get a Premier League Spanish bullfighter to show all of his skills. I just went in once when it was used as a venue for the town's annual festival.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Sorry Stefan.

You can't open with the the words "But the other EU b*astards are f*uck all use, especially the French" and then expect to be taken seriously.
    That's just 'a loosener', why be so bothered. They are just words on a screen. We are many miles off Piglet territory.
    To be hostile to the EU is quite legitimate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)