+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to expect from Paulo Fonseca

What to expect from Paulo Fonseca

Just read this:

https://www.90min.com/posts/what-new...-paulo-fonseca

Plays exciting attacking football but his sides can also leak a lot of goals apparently. His record against direct rivals in the league isn't good either...

If this is all true then perhaps Eddie Howe would be a safer bet? He has Premier League experience and knows Ritchie, Frazer and Wilson already. I think he also kept Bournemouth up for 3 or 4 seasons before all the bad luck with injuries when they went down

Howe for me out of the 2 though would prefer someone else.

Fonseca has a good win ratio to be fair though. Something like 75% at Shakhtar and 55% at Roma.

Gotta be an improvement.

Just looking at the Man-U score and thinking Solskjaer could be in the frame in a couple of hours

...maybe not they've turned it around......i bet Ole was fearing the worst at half time

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Howe for me out of the 2 though would prefer someone else.

Fonseca has a good win ratio to be fair though. Something like 75% at Shakhtar and 55% at Roma.

Gotta be an improvement.
    Yeh you would have to say that Howe, Favre and Fonseca are all a massive improvement on Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Yeh you would have to say a lump of shte, a half-eaten yoghurt and the Gallowgate pigeon are all a massive improvement on Bruce
    Fixed

Wouldn't Favre hold some sway with Halland

Look, Bruce made Partdue look good so it. So literally anybody would be an improvement.

Howe doesn't excite me. But I am excited to have Bruce leave. I bet he is well excited with his £8m Brucie Bonus reward for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Wouldn't Favre hold some sway with Halland

Look, Bruce made Partdue look good so it. So literally anybody would be an improvement.

Howe doesn't excite me. But I am excited to have Bruce leave. I bet he is well excited with his £8m Brucie Bonus reward for failure.
    Bruce has completed the best deal of his life, and worse still he wasn't responsible for creating it. He only made sure he earned it by his ineptitude, lack of tactics, and lack of vision.

The new manager, whoever he may be has only to apply intelligent tactics to the team and get a 10% improvement until the next window, by which time he ought to have an idea about who is playing for him and who he wants out, then an even moderate spend to bring in 4/5 new additions should see us safe to the end of the season.

Imagine him trying to play all out attacking total football with this current squad Our defence would leak more than a burst pipe. I don’t think he’ll be able to attract the type of player in January to suit his style and could be a big risk. It feels he should be the manager after the next one.

Personally, I would love to see us attacking more. Our strengths are predominantly our attacking players, so setting them up instead of having them defend for 90 mins would be a more entertaining and tactically clever approach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)