+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: v Motherwell (h)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I didn't think Clark done much today either if I'm being honest, played well last week and even though he worked hard closing defenders down today he did very little offensively.
    agree

Think this is a fascinating difference of opinion and probably explains why Clark divides opinion across the support.

Not saying anyone is wrong, can see why people struggle with him as an out and out striker and being the guy in the box. For me, he is great at linking the thirds though and thought he did that well today. Telling that Levitt looks for him so often with those arrowed balls in.

Clear to all that he gives everything for the shirt and that is the same with any of the 11 on the pitch at anytime just now. Pleasing

The whole team are working very hard and that is very pleasing and if they didn't put in that type of application today then we might not have got all 3 points.

I’m not going to criticise anyone at the moment, this team is packed with endeavour, skill, and hard effin work. The coaches talk a good game and deliver performances of the highest quality. They have every player working for each other, no superstars…the very essence of a football team. Long may it continue!🍻

A word for the fans today too. We lost a goal yet the roar of support from all of our fans to get behind the team was a massive statement. Before we kicked off again, it was clear we had their backs. No moaning, no complaining or criticising....just great support.

Tannadice is a great place to be right now. The passion from players,staff and fans is absolutely palpable.

Finding it almost hard to believe how well we have started the league this season. Mulgrew had been solid defensively and uo front. Still rememember his goal line clearance against the funny lot. He is a player that makes a real impact and well deserves MoM.

Benji is the best player in the squad IMO. I doubted him back in the day and am very happy to be proven wrong. Only 6 goals conceded in the league so far, which is outstanding.

Today was one of those days where the pressure of expectation was on us and with Motherwell being right up for it from the start we could have really struggled. We didnt play our very best. It takes a certain quality to win games like that, and we stood uo well to their physicality. Fans were great, atmosphere fantastic, glad to see Tannadice packed. Totally agree about the positivitiy of our fans reaction after their (soft) pen.

If we can keep key players and strenghen our strike force in January then there is every reason to be optimistic about a good. Scottish cup run and a decent league finish. Not wanting to get too carried away but it feels fecking great to be an arab right now 🧡

Good fighting performance today, glad to see we can come back from something like that penalty.

Also great to hear Tannadice rocking, it can be a morgue at times, hopefully that keeps up.

On Mulgrew, I was disappointed when we signed him, didn't think a 35 year old with recent injuries was the best idea. I was way wrong with that. Strolls through every game.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Also great to hear Tannadice rocking, it can be a morgue at times, hopefully that keeps up.
    It was a morgue until we scored. Let's not pretend it was bouncing prior to the goal. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It was a morgue until we scored. Let's not pretend it was bouncing prior to the goal. 😂
    Agreed, if that's bouncing I'd hate to see flat. We're needing to up the ante in the noise stakes. More pre-match pints needed maybe? As per away games, it's funny how the home support can be quieter than the away support. 1,500 at Easter Road out-shouted 6,000 plus at Tannadice y'day. Not complaining, yeah ok I am, but I may have a solution.

After scoring 5 goals in our opening 8 games we have now scored 5 in our last 2. This is a big improvement building on our rock sold defence though 4 of these 5 goals were scored by defenders. Still work to be done from the attackers.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)