+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #NorthernersLivesMatter.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I hear that as part of Boris’ levelling-up policy he’s just going to remove the Thames barrier so that Londoners can see how it feels..

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/28/cumbr...ore_text_links

The unfortunate thing is that whenever it gets REALLY bad, folk die. Nowt to do with the sea., just because of rain.
    I was only joking Griff.

I know. I was only joking about London too.

Problem is, London has a perceived problem, it gets BILLIONS spent on it; the rest of us crumbs. Crossrail? Flood defences? Highest per capita spending in England? Anywhere else, the perceived wisdom is not to build on a flood plain. London is built on a flood plain, and they keep on building. It’s good money after bad. London is big enough and allowing to get bigger simply adds to the problem while the development of the regions is put on hold.

Here’s where I stand. Per capita spending for London to be reduced to the average of the other English regions. If stuff costs more “because it’s London” then tough. Buy less. Next, every new job in London taxed an extra ten grand every year. Every new business only allowed to open if it replaces another that closes. Jobs taxed as above. No new approved applications for new building, repairs only. No Crossrail 2. It’s too late to stop that rail track up to Birmingham which will benefit Brum, but benefit London more, and I hear that HS2 has been cut back this week. No surprise there, it’ll keep having bits lopped off until it’s a siding in Crewe.

There you go, that’s England sorted. There can’t be any opposition to that, surely?

Oi pack it in you two and chill the fak out
    This is a nice friendly place since Alf has faked off

Here’s a nice video to cheer us all up. It’s still chucking it down outside so there’s nowt else to do…

https://youtu.be/Vqdfm0qJOpU

I agree with all Griffs points above and i still find it strange that Europe's tallest building the Shard was built on what used to be a swampy marshland in Southwark many moons ago. It might sink one day

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Oi pack it in you two and chill the fak out
    This is a nice friendly place since Alf has faked off
    Alf is keeping a low profile since his "incident" in Dogger's Wood in the New Forest.

Will you southern lot turn the sodding lights off, it’s still raining up here.

A little cheerful gift for my new found lovely Northern family on here. Enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12