+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Stockport County 23.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Why, did you want me too?

Not really but you have in the past and thought it more relevant than Nige to the NCM faithful.

Of course any one interested in all things Mansfailed can just jump on Stagsnet for 5 minutes and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    An excellent performance and the scoreline flattered Stockport, they were second best throughout. We got everything right apart from making the most of our chances, and our only bit of indecision in defence gifting them a goal. We moved the ball quicker and cut them open a few times. Several contenders for MOM, I'll try and do player ratings later. A very encouraging and well deserved 3 points.
    Change of formation back to a back 3 is the difference. Our centre midfield options are good individual players but none of them can effectively play in a 2, the 3 bolsters that area of the pitch.

DKE & Taylor add pace and energy.

Cheers gumpy, I'll have a listen to that after I've spent 7 hours on Stagsnet!
    Part timer!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Change of formation back to a back 3 is the difference. Our centre midfield options are good individual players but none of them can effectively play in a 2, the 3 bolsters that area of the pitch.

DKE & Taylor add pace and energy.
    Agreed. That's been the case since we've been in the National League we've never had a midfield central pairing that's been effective . We've always looked better with 3 in there to hide obvious deficiencies namely lack of legs in past seasons.

Nemainne looks a better bet than Roberts to come on at the moment, would have loved to have seen his blistering pace late on.
    Where does Roberts go from here, DKE was superb on the right, so much energy.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Nemainne looks a better bet than Roberts to come on at the moment, would have loved to have seen his blistering pace late on.
    Where does Roberts go from here, DKE was superb on the right, so much energy.
    I'd play Roberts, Vincent and Palmer together in the midfield. Very tasty that. I'd like to see Nemane at RWB, although DKE has been really good in the last 2 games.

That was the best and most complete team performance of the season to date for me. From the beginning we looked lively with energy, sharp and crisp in our passing and played in Stockport’s half. We also created numerous chances and could easily have gone into the break 2-0 up.

I thought our defence was solid throughout apart from the mix up at the back that gave the penalty away at the death. But that’s typical Notts.

Some really good performances out there today with stand out performances from Rodrigues, Palmer and Vincent who was like a new signing and full of energy and wanting to make something happen. As such Vincent was my man of the match. JOB and DKE also had good games. They all worked well as a unit.

As for Stockport they offered very little threat but were always capable and had the potential to score goals on the counter attack and against the run of play. If I was a Stockport fan I would be disappointed with that display as they just seemed to be a team playing for set pieces falling down all over the place in and around our defensive third of the pitch. With Quigley at the heart of the gamesmanship and getting in the referees ear. They did not have the same team spirit as Notts have.

We’ve set the bar now so the key is how to keep this standard up on a consistent basis.

An excellent performance and the scoreline flattered Stockport, they were second best throughout. We got everything right apart from making the most of our chances, and our only bit of indecision in defence gifting them a goal. We moved the ball quicker and cut them open a few times. Several contenders for MOM, I'll try and do player ratings later. A very encouraging and well deserved 3 points.

In probably the worst ever take I’ve read about a football match, a Stockport fan describes us as ‘poor’.

https://theyellowboard.boards.net/th...thread?page=25

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast