+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Grimsby Town FC 30.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Can never fault his work rate, but he's been poor for a few games now. The standout for me is he keeps giving the ball away, needlessly, when doing fairly simple passes. Yesterday was his worst game in a Notts shirt that I've seen.
    I didn’t think he was too bad against Stockport, I thought all had a decent game. Maybe my memory not working well.

You’re right about the passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I didn’t think he was too bad against Stockport, I thought all had a decent game. Maybe my memory not working well.

You’re right about the passing.
    He played well against Stockport until he tired second half and his passes started to go astray.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    It sounded like our fans were very noisy throughout, from where i was sat anyway
    Was this the case from where you was sat AC?
    Read on Grimsbys fans forum that Notts had the quietest fans there all season
    Find that hard to believe
    Yeah, that's gonna be sour grapes - their visitors have included Barnet and Weymouth ffs...
    I was 3/4 the way towards the other end...and people around me were remarking what a good turnout we had when the
    full and away attendance came up on the board.

As for the noise level though? Maybe it was a bit disappointing, but it was a really tense game, moments to cheer were few and far between for both teams. The wheelbarrow after we scored was twice as loud as anything sung earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    What i took from that interview was that top of the table and unbeaten at home Grimsby were more worried about playing Notts than Notts were of Grimsby.
    Barrow won the division and we beat them on their patch.

Sutton won the division and we beat them on their patch ( and at home).

Grimsby......

Not sure what to make of that!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, that's gonna be sour grapes - their visitors have included Barnet and Weymouth ffs...
    I was 3/4 the way towards the other end...and people around me were remarking what a good turnout we had when the
    full and away attendance came up on the board.

As for the noise level though? Maybe it was a bit disappointing, but it was a really tense game, moments to cheer were few and far between for both teams. The wheelbarrow after we scored was twice as loud as anything sung earlier.
    I would say we have a quite quiet support. We are frequently outsung at home by away fans from my perspective in the Pavis. I can't really complain though as I don't sing personally so I'm part of the problem i guess!

RE JOB. He's been very average since he joined us IMO. My Gast was flabbered when we re-signed him... especially on a 2 year deal!!! I'd start Roberts, Vincent and Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I would say we have a quite quiet support.
    I'll add Blundell Park has poor acoustics (poor everything really )... those stands swallow sound the same way they steal your view with those low roofs and pillars everywhere.

Dion was very good against Stockport, and JOB got man of the match (though I thought at least two players were better than him that night. Starting Roberts in a midfield role is a no go for me. As skilful as he is his work rate without the ball (not to mention his discipline) isn’t good enough IMO, he often lets runners go or glide right past him. This was evident when we played him in a 4-3-3 earlier in the season when we were continually exposed down the right hand side. I’m not sure where he fits in at the minute.

As an aside, yesterday was a prime example of winning when not playing ‘well’. Earlier in the season we were saying the same thing but in those instances it was evident that the team wasn’t cohesive or on the same wave length, there were serious deficiencies. The game yesterday showed that we are now solid enough keep our shape and win ‘dirty’ if needs be…..although I wasn’t there yesterday it reminded me of the munto season when we went to Northampton and won late on in similar fashion (probably through a hughsy goal!)

I also think Roberts Palmer and Vinny is too attacking too open as your starting midfield 3.

JOB has a nightmare game, Francis gets his chance to impress and regain a starting shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I would say we have a quite quiet support. We are frequently outsung at home by away fans from my perspective in the Pavis. I can't really complain though as I don't sing personally so I'm part of the problem i guess!

RE JOB. He's been very average since he joined us IMO. My Gast was flabbered when we re-signed him... especially on a 2 year deal!!! I'd start Roberts, Vincent and Palmer.
    I think our away support sometimes struggles without the drummer…

Great limbs for the goal though.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast