+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madden the Rangers fan?

Madden the Rangers fan?

Bobby Madden orders a retake of the St.MIrren penalty on Wednesday night after Kelly makes a legal save as proven later by television footage. Today he allows the Livingston keeper to move both his feet of the goal line to make a save, against Celtic no retaking of the spot kick, I wonder why?

So correct me if I’m wrong but you are implying the reason Madden didn’t order a re-take when Celtic missed a penalty today even though he ordered one when St.Mirren missed one against us is because he’s a Rangers fan?

In that case why would he award Celtic a soft penalty in stoppage time with the scores level in the first place?

Or maybe he let St.Mirren re-take theirs because he’s got a problem with Motherwell? Maybe an Airdrie fan?

That has honestly got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    So correct me if I’m wrong but you are implying the reason Madden didn’t order a re-take when Celtic missed a penalty today even though he ordered one when St.Mirren missed one against us is because he’s a Rangers fan?

In that case why would he award Celtic a soft penalty in stoppage time with the scores level in the first place?

Or maybe he let St.Mirren re-take theirs because he’s got a problem with Motherwell? Maybe an Airdrie fan?

That has honestly got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever read on here.
    Whatever the explanation, Bobby Madden got this one wrong or got the Kelly one wrong. Not only was the Livi goalie off his line, but it looked as though at least one Livi player, probably two, had encroached before the ball was struck.
    If this wasn't a retake, then Liam's save should have been valid. There's an inconsistency somewhere.

Of course there are inconsistencies, we see this week in week out in Scottish football. It’s also the case that referees are absolutely hopeless and Bobby Madden is one of the worst. He’s fussy, pedantic and funnily enough…inconsistent.

You do though have to question the role of the assistant referee in situations like that. He should have been in a better position than Madden to see that the Livi keeper had moved off his line before the ball was struck, but yet again, it’s another example of poor officiating.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)