+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie ladapo

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, have to disagree on your post. There’s the post match thread and something singular that do not combine. This thread was started way after a post match thread sat 8.43pm.

Sometimes, singular posts on a specific thing are not always post match threads and have to remain just that. Stop spoiling a good post on a player that of late has come in for some constructive feedback. It’s not all about post match threads on a Saturday night.
    Brin, it was something that posters voted on when we had the situation where after every game everyone was starting their own thread and people were getting fed up with having to scroll/read through more than a page worth of threads to keep track on their own and other peoples' comments. This comment was purely about a player's performance in today's game and in fact mirrored similar comments on the Post Match thread. Anyway, I only merge threads when I catch them in time and can do so without replies getting lost/out of order as they end up intermingling with other comments. That's why I didn't merge (spoil) this one but just put up a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Brin, it was something that posters voted on when we had the situation where after every game everyone was starting their own thread and people were getting fed up with having to scroll/read through more than a page worth of threads to keep track on their own and other peoples' comments. This comment was purely about a player's performance in today's game and in fact mirrored similar comments on the Post Match thread. Anyway, I only merge threads when I catch them in time and can do so without replies getting lost/out of order as they end up intermingling with other comments. That's why I didn't merge (spoil) this one but just put up a reminder.
    Cam, it’s probably why this board is dying a death if you can’t praise a player on a different thread to the match thread. Not to worry keep killing the site as I for one don’t want to trawl through 6 pages of drool on the match day thread just because people are not allowed to open there own threads these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Cam, it’s probably why this board is dying a death if you can’t praise a player on a different thread to the match thread. Not to worry keep killing the site as I for one don’t want to trawl through 6 pages of drool on the match day thread just because people are not allowed to open there own threads these days.
    As I mentioned it was something the majority voted on so we went with it. If you think you can do better then please take over as I've just about had enough anyway when I get accused of 'killing the site'.

CA, I'm with you bro. I can't be bothered to post on here any more and wonder why you bother to put yourself in the firing line. Too many self righteous, underachieving k,nobs on here telling us how we should live our lives and trying to score brownie points about woke bollax. Anyway, I've had a fantastic few days seeing The Stones in Tampa with 78 year old Mick running about like a young cat for over 2 hours, then watching the Mighty Millers thrash The Mackems and also having me and The Stones mentioned on the commentary :-) Tell 'em to feck off mate and get on with your life, they need you far more than you need them for sure. You'll feel better for it :-)
    Last edited by sota; 31-10-2021 at 05:29 AM.

CAM nobody could do a better job cause I know I can be hard work but stay with it cause I could start a thread on how bad Edmunds Green his defending is when playing are running at him! next thing someone else starts another thread about a player re. yesterday's game then it gets stupid.

For what it's worth I think Cam and Frog do a great job. There are great discussions on our team on here and most posters are generally respectful and insightful. Don't think mod-ing for social media sites will ever be a rewarding job with attacks inevitable from all perspectives whatever you do, but I think this site works well.

Killing the site?
    Dying a death!

What bizarre things to say.
    Can't understand why anyone would say those things

It's as healthy as it's ever been, just different posters with different views.
    All good Cam
    Last edited by flourbasher; 31-10-2021 at 08:44 AM.

As I mentioned it was something the majority voted on so we went with it. If you think you can do better then please take over as I've just about had enough anyway when I get accused of 'killing the site'.
    I’d have jacked in ages ago if it was me pal. Like manning a play ground at times on here. Tbf I do get where Carling is coming from on this particular thread as Ladapo has been discussed a lot on here recently. He bounced back yesterday with a great performance and Carling obviously felt he deserved a shout out. Like you said you haven’t moved and merged it anyway for reasons you’ve explained so there’s nothing to see here. The comment saying “Can do your magic” took it off topic and wasn’t needed and has ended up with you getting flack undeservingly in my opinion.
    Last edited by rileyev.the.third; 31-10-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Grammar

On reflection of my post that’s a fair point but sometimes there’s so much to read on a post match thread after 8.30 pm on a Saturday night and maybe ilikecarling couldn’t be bothered to read it all and just wanted to post his own thoughts on a specific topic. I don’t think he was ignoring the PMT on a purpose.

On a personal note, you do a sterling job on here and have supported me on many occasion I’ve been very grateful of. Apologies if I’ve offended you in any way and kicked a wasps nest do to speak. Don’t pack it in and lets move on from this as this is one of the best sites on here.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast