+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornet.

Cornet.

I have no idea how our previously lackadaisical "Recruitment Team" unearthed this highly polished gem, but they did.

His work rate and commitment are incredible and his finishing is in the John Connelly class. His four goals so far are all out of the top drawer.

Attachment 20246

Well done Alan Pace, find another two of Cornet's calibre for Christmas, and there's hope for us yet.

Such a shame he won't be with us for 5 weeks come the new year.😒

I'm not sure 'unearthed' is the best way to describe it BT, he was hardly an unknown, he's played over 200 games in the French top division for Metz and Lyon, about 40 games in the Champions League, and he's got 20 odd caps for Ivory Coast, his talent and ability has been there for for everyone to see over the last few years, What I will give Pace credit for is persuading a player of his quality to sign for Burnley, a club seemingly heading for relegation, in a country where he doesn't speak the language and with a climate that can only be described at best as miserable. How he managed to persuade him I've no idea, all he needs to do now is, like you say, come up with a couple more like him and I will take my hat off to him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm not sure 'unearthed' is the best way to describe it BT, he was hardly an unknown, he's played over 200 games in the French top division for Metz and Lyon, about 40 games in the Champions League, and he's got 20 odd caps for Ivory Coast, his talent and ability has been there for for everyone to see over the last few years, What I will give Pace credit for is persuading a player of his quality to sign for Burnley, a club seemingly heading for relegation, in a country where he doesn't speak the language and with a climate that can only be described at best as miserable. How he managed to persuade him I've no idea, all he needs to do now is, like you say, come up with a couple more like him and I will take my hat off to him.
    You know me and you disagree about politics mon ami, but on footy matters we have a genuine congruence. How the heck did the "Big Guns" miss him?

He's like Chris Eagles on meth...

Attachment 20253

I actually thought he is more like Glen Little
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJY5Q1TBLY

Really good to have him at Burnley FC, he is an inspiration to our team.

Yesterday's first half was a brilliant display of the proper football we know we can play given the right team selection and the arrival of Cornet and Collins have give me hope for our survival at this level.

I also thought that Collins was very unlucky to loose his place in the starting line up bearing in mind his last two performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I also thought that Collins was very unlucky to loose his place in the starting line up bearing in mind his last two performances.
    Agreed, Mee should have been on the bench, good performances should mean you keep your place.

If he carries on the way he is going it will be difficult to keep him.A potential superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I actually thought he is more like Glen Little
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJY5Q1TBLY
    Whatever happened to Paul Smith?

15 mil is a Lot of dosh....especially as Lyon played Corneto at LB - meaning he was on ice the last few years, then as they brought others in - he'd be a bench warmer...so it was down to who offered the most, and for him, I think...where could he take the biggest portion of the spotlight and the closet stepping stone to the bank.
    His gametime so far, less than 300mins, compare that to our regulars 800 to 900 mins, will that continue, will he manage his field time to minimise any potential weakness ?.....but it's early days, need a full season to judge it fairly, including his effectiveness against the big guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)