+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scotland squad

Scotland squad

Kelly dropped (rightly), SOD retained (wrongly) and Watt ignored (meh).

I have absolutely no idea what the lad from Stoke City can offer, but, on the basis that I've never heard of him, I'll be surprised if it's more than Tony Watt. According to one paper, we're short of strikers, so why not give a top scorer who is clearly also a skilful and intelligent football player, a go?

Correct, Dazlhigh. Watt is an intelligent player and I think he would have responded well to playing with guys like Robertson, McGinn etc. A chance missed to put him on a higher platform that I think Tony Watt would have taken.

The unfortunate conclusion is that an unknown striker from the English championship (not sure how many goals he has scored) is given a chance before a decent striker from one of Scotland's unfashionable teams. As usual!! Kelly a bit unlucky (still remember his save to prevent the score being 7-1!!), but O'Donnell must quickly go and buy a lottery ticket to cash in on his luck!!

Kelly has been absolutely awful the last month. It's the nature of goalkeeping that stunning saves do not cancel out howlers and in our current run Kelly has been partially or entirely responsible for: both goals at Tynecastle, the first goal against Celtic, the first goal at Tannadice, the first goal against St Mirren and he didn't look great for a couple against Rangers either.

As for Watt, it's clear we only have two forwards worth trusting - Adams and Dykes. There's not much at all between all the rest who are there for emergencies, Watt might have sneaked it obviously but I doubt there's many other than a handful of Motherwell fans who'll think he's been genuinely hard done by.

Tony Watt is the new Mark Reynolds!

Personally I’m delighted he’s not been picked for Scotland as it means he can keep focussed for us and it improves our chances of keeping him.

Ha ha, aye, exactly.

Though at least Watt got his cap with Celtic, Reynolds was absolutely robbed the summer we picked Gary Kenneth ahead of him in an injury crisis and is probably still picking pins into a Craig Levein doll.

TW made himself 'unavailable' ... he's booked in for a PS5 global match of COD that evening I hear ! Just a 25K payday.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)