+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jake Bugg

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That reminds me of the worst case of 'inappropriate dress' I think I've ever seen. Before it became Rock City the venue was called Heart of the Midlands, where people got dressed up in their best clothes and watched cabaret type acts while eating chicken in a basket at their table. This time Hazel O'Connor was the main act, and the dress code was punk gear, safety pins and mohicans. Apart from two couples who obviously weren't aware of the change. The blokes wore dinner jackets and bow ties, and the women long ball gowns. They stood uneasily in the corner for a while, then left without even seeing the support act!

If you want a few memories reawakening, here's a very, very long list of all the acts that have appeared there since 1980:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats...-every-2428261

Public Image Ltd would be the stand-out for me.
    Nice one eLite I wasn't aware of the name change as it goes. I'm surprised I wasn't but always good to learn a thing or two. Will be having a considerable scroll in a moment through the list. BTW the veg garden I built is all systems go. The tomatoes are wandering over the ground to the house as we had considerable rain the other week and then it was dead hot. Cheers QP.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I saw Bob Dylan at that Leisure Centre, and The Beatles at the old Elizabethan Rooms then at the Odeon. When I say "saw" I mean just that, couldn't hear a sodding thing apart from Lennon shouting "Shurrup"!
    I think when you say, you saw the Beatles at the Elizabethan Rooms you would do well to remember that it was way back in the early 60's if memory serves me well. Speaking as one who plied his trade in the 60's & 70's group scene at a pro level you should consider that the sound equipment in that era was pretty primitive hence your problem re hearing the Beatles.
    Regarding the other venue you mention you would do well to remember that they were not designed or built as Concert Venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That reminds me of the worst case of 'inappropriate dress' I think I've ever seen. Before it became Rock City the venue was called Heart of the Midlands, where people got dressed up in their best clothes and watched cabaret type acts while eating chicken in a basket at their table. This time Hazel O'Connor was the main act, and the dress code was punk gear, safety pins and mohicans. Apart from two couples who obviously weren't aware of the change. The blokes wore dinner jackets and bow ties, and the women long ball gowns. They stood uneasily in the corner for a while, then left without even seeing the support act!

If you want a few memories reawakening, here's a very, very long list of all the acts that have appeared there since 1980:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats...-every-2428261

Public Image Ltd would be the stand-out for me.
    Some fantastic gigs there from the early 80’s but one of my favourites in ‘87 was The Macc Lads. Probably for all the wrong reasons!

Wow that list brings back memories, Rory Gallagher, UFO, Rose Tattoo, Nine Below Zero and more recently Dropkick Murphys.
    I worked at Blakey Brothers, a printers on Broad Street and remember ferrying boxes of flyers on foot across town to Rock City every Friday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234