+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Bugg

Jake Bugg

As Notts fans, we should all look to supporting our sponsor. I don't think any other club has a singer as its main sponsor. And what a terrific album it is. It takes a few spins (sic) to get into it, but that's a good sign of an album that has subtlety and craft. Are they plugging it on match days?
    I'd be interested to hear about favourite tracks of posters on here. Does anyone know how I can contact Jake with a view to freelancing something?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-11-2021 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Removed off topic designation as he's a proper financially supporting fellow 'Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    As Notts fans, we should all look to supporting our sponsor. I don't think any other club has a singer as its main sponsor. And what a terrific album it is. It takes a few spins (sic) to get into it, but that's a good sign of an album that has subtlety and craft. Are they plugging it on match days?
    Strangely, despite his name appearing on the advertising boards I can't recall a single Jake Bugg song ever being played at Meadow Lane!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I'd be interested to hear about favourite tracks of posters on here.
    Over the years a few artists have been mentioned on here as being Notts fans and I always give them a listen, but Jake Bugg is the only one I have ever liked. I suppose 'Lightning Bolt' is his biggie, but my top 3 would be 'I've seen it all', 'Ballad of Mr Jones' and 'Trouble Town'. I love the way he's supported the club financially, he seems to be a proper fan rather than a celebrity 'pretend' fan.

Edit: Can't see why Jake Bugg should be an O/T topic, because it's definitely about Notts. Maybe a reverse edit Swale?
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 03-11-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Strangely, despite his name appearing on the advertising boards I can't recall a single Jake Bugg song ever being played at Meadow Lane!

Over the years a few artists have been mentioned on here as being Notts fans and I always give them a listen, but Jake Bugg is the only one I have ever liked. I suppose 'Lightning Bolt' is his biggie, but my top 3 would be 'I've seen it all', 'Ballad of Mr Jones' and 'Trouble Town'. I love the way he's supported the club financially, he seems to be a proper fan rather than a celebrity 'pretend' fan.
    My favourite album is Hearts that Strain. Favourite track has to be Indigo Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Pembo222 View Post
    My favourite album is Hearts that Strain. Favourite track has to be Indigo Blue
    Not a ''typical'' Jake Bugg song but I've always liked thissun.

I play his latest album on my journey to work & think it's his best one yet & with a great Nottingham title 'Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.' They do play tracks before the match & at half time. On this album I like 'Downtown' & 'Screaming' & have got more into his music probably because he is local lad & is a fellow Pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't see why Jake Bugg should be an O/T topic, because it's definitely about Notts. Maybe a reverse edit Swale?
    Agreed and done!

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    They do play tracks before the match & at half time.
    In that case I must be wrong. I usually only get in 10 mins before kick off, and spend the break wandering around the back of the DP stand lamenting that Lawton's Bar isn't open to see the Sky Sports scores, and wondering what Acko's gang have got on their half time cobs!

Absolutely love Jake Bugg, true Notts fan and songs with great lyrics. Much overlooked for his guitar playing skills. Broken is my favourite track so far, but the funniest thing was my then 3 year old grandson singing along to Lightning Bolt, but singing Lightning Bong 🤣

We've got all his CD's latest one is the best yet

Definitely heard Lightning Bolt over the tannoys quite a few times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast