+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Policemen arrest a terminally ill man ,for mooning at a speed camera

6 Policemen arrest a terminally ill man ,for mooning at a speed camera

Good to know we can sleep easy in our beds.

Just put them cops in jackboots and the picture is complete. good job she got the dog in as it would have been tasered.

Our police are not fit for purpose.

My late dad always said that the majority of coppers would be doing porridge themselves if they weren’t policemen because they were such devious, arrogant and deceptive bunch of a r s e holes.

80% of my dealings with them have been negative based on their arrogance.

Lot of truth in what you say. My grandfather was a copper and was a spit away from being an inspector but he was screwing another women while still married to my nan. He was given the choice of his wife and his career against his mistress. He chose his mistress. He became a postmaster out in Kidderminster or somewhere like that. My nan took great delight in showing me a newspaper cutting with the story of the postmaster jailed for fraud and embezzlement.

Have to disagree. My father was a policeman and there wasn't a more respected man in the whole community. He was always the person everybody turned to when they had a problem, whether it was serious or minor. Proud to say that he was my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Have to disagree. My father was a policeman and there wasn't a more respected man in the whole community. He was always the person everybody turned to when they had a problem, whether it was serious or minor. Proud to say that he was my dad.
    The local neighbourhood copper was usually someone who you knew and you could rely on.

It’s the general populous of police at the bigger stations that I’ve found to be the biggest problem.

A few things I do not quite understand about this story.

The Daily Mail stated he was a 55 year old pensioner?

Why would a man of 55 have a bucket list where he wants to moon at a police camera? A 15 year old might, but he is 55, what was he thinking!

He was not wearing a sign to say he is terminally ill, and even if he is does this mean that people who terminally ill can do as they wish?

Only an absolute idiot would moon at a police camera and think they were above the law.

When the police go to his home he refused them entry, again he was stupid beyond belief.

As for six police officers arresting him, well they are only permitted to use reasonable force. From what I see in the film they did not use undue force. Indeed they were most gentle with him, trained to deal with overweight people in getting them to their feet.

If this man had held out his hands he would have been cuffed and dealt with but he did not co-operate, again stupid beyond belief.

I have seen people lambast police for getting stuck into protesters and then the same people lambast them for standing back. Police are on a hiding to nothing.

This overweight retired university lecturer should have known better, he brought all this to his own door with his immature and irresponsible behavior. I have sympathy for his health issues but none whatsoever for the position he finds himself in as he created it himself.

Just seen this fella on Midlands Today
    Come on 6 police officers you are joking
    Whether he was fit or not that is heavy handed

It seems the police like most people these days only want to do easy jobs which mean little or no effort
    When things are more difficult they don’t bother

There are a million and one things they could do rather than pin this bloke down and arrest him
    Fine him whatever else, but doing this is a joke

Especially when there are people getting beaten up when no police turn up
    Burglaries/Vandalism that dont even get investigated they just hand out crime numbers

We were burgled just before Christmas many years ago
    We knew who did it as they lived on our road and were well known crooks
    They did it at a most opportune time knowing our whereabouts and also knowing the house was full of stuff

The police refused to do anything even question them, because they were a pain, they had finger prints, boot prints all sorts, didn’t do anything

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)