+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6 Policemen arrest a terminally ill man ,for mooning at a speed camera

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Things must’ve changed in Guernsey since my last visit, not exactly a hub for the world's finances from memory.

Jersey is of course a major financial centre.

Guernsey was excellent for milk and a decent yogurt though.
    Shows you should research prior to making comments that are far from the truth.

Guernsey has been a financial center since the 1980s, so not sure when you were here Mick, it must have been earlier. The 70s the island was renowned for it horticulture, the Guernsey tomato and flowers. Many Dutch growers came to Guernsey to start their horticulture businesses.

Both islands do have wonderful breeds of cows, far superior in milk and cream to the Friesian breed of the UK.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 14-11-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Each to their own.

I love jersey and have visited many times, I’ll probably go again in 2022.

I’ve been to Guernsey and I didn’t like it or enjoy it, I didn’t find the locals very friendly to holidaymakers either, I won’t bother visiting again.

Just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good evening Stripes and hope you are well! What a chestnut this is too!

Apparently he was a victim of his own stupidity as mentioned on the thread even though the poor chap has a terminal diagnosis. On the other hand though the same poster rants about it being humanity at its best that war torn illegals can not enter the country freely - does one let in the whole of Iraq, Syria, Somalia and every other war torn country?

Seems very rich to me that celebrities like big lugs Linekar and those in farming isles like Guernsey have a soft spot for these illegals but hey they know they won’t end up on their doorsteps!

**** the poor poor terminally ill chap though who is the victim of his own stupidity even though he will be 6 feet under soon! Really makes sense!

Funny old world! If you don’t like the Banksy Stripes then jug on 😂😂😭😭
    Hi Al. I’m good matey and hope things are all moving in the right direction for you.

I like the idea of this mural. Seems to sum up what many are thinking. As I said, asking for a friend but wondered if any one on the board was of the mind to scrub this thing out. Just asking like

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Hi Al. I’m good matey and hope things are all moving in the right direction for you.

I like the idea of this mural. Seems to sum up what many are thinking. As I said, asking for a friend but wondered if any one on the board was of the mind to scrub this thing out. Just asking like

Thanks Stripes - being positive and trying to get fitter! The Mrs thinks I’m deluded going to Huddersfield but hey it’s a day out!

The Banksy mural is fab so needs protection! Personally I admire the terminally ill guy as understand first hand his state of mind before he passes. Ignorant people and sadly those police who were heavy handed lack empathy and lack of understanding and one day it could be their father, mother, son or daughter but hey that would be different then!

Hope to meet you sometime soon Stripes!

Each to their own.

I love jersey and have visited many times, I’ll probably go again in 2022.

I’ve been to Guernsey and I didn’t like it or enjoy it, I didn’t find the locals very friendly to holidaymakers either, I won’t bother visiting again.

Just personal preference.
    More your loss perhaps than ours. Jersey is more commercialized and brash, the Blackpool of the Channel Islands as reported,and sounds more like your cup of tea perhaps so enjoy. You won’t be missed here I can assure you.

As a side note

At least true Baggies prefer Guernsey. (See link)

West Bromwich Albion played in this island not Jersey. Perhaps you nave more in common with Jeremy Peace than you like to admit.

https://www.oldbaggies.com/it-was-a-cold-cold-winter/
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 14-11-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    More your loss perhaps than ours. Jersey is more commercialized and brash, the Blackpool of the Channel Islands as reported,and sounds more like your cup of tea perhaps so enjoy. You won’t be missed here I can assure you.

As a side note

At least true Baggies prefer Guernsey. (See link)

West Bromwich Albion played in this island not Jersey. Perhaps you nave more in common with Jeremy Peace than you like to admit.

https://www.oldbaggies.com/it-was-a-cold-cold-winter/
    Your opinion of me means less than zero but thanks all the same.

Your opinion of me means less than zero but thanks all the same.
    Your welcome. And ditto.

Al, you and Mickd said this thread should be closed as it is dirge. Yet you both have brought it back up when it had been finished for 24/36 hours. Quite bizarre really.

Did this unfortunate male have a sign around his neck to indicate he was terminally ill?

If you followed this story you might now know this male has now been charged with dangerous driving and indecent exposure. In regard to the dangerous driving offence, I guess you would still remain sympathetic to his mooning if he had injured or killed a member of your family or any member of the public with his driving. Perhaps not so surprising from someone who shows little if any respect for human suffering.

As you seem so ill informed the whole arrest took in excess of 30 minutes which would indicate the male concerned was not exactly compliant. And to make things worse he said he would do it all over again if he had not now ticked it off his bucket list. How stupid could he get.

I think you should stick to watching Coronation Street as real life is obviously a little difficult for thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Al, you and Mickd said this thread should be closed as it is dirge. Yet you both have brought it back up when it had been finished for 24/36 hours. Quite bizarre really.

Did this unfortunate male have a sign around his neck to indicate he was terminally ill?

If you followed this story you might now know this male has now been charged with dangerous driving and indecent exposure. In regard to the dangerous driving offence, I guess you would still remain sympathetic to his mooning if he had injured or killed a member of your family or any member of the public with his driving. Perhaps not so surprising from someone who shows little if any respect for human suffering.

As you seem so ill informed the whole arrest took in excess of 30 minutes which would indicate the male concerned was not exactly compliant. And to make things worse he said he would do it all over again if he had not now ticked it off his bucket list. How stupid could he get.

I think you should stick to watching Coronation Street as real life is obviously a little difficult for thou.

Oh really BMG?

Get your facts right........it was YOU who who started commenting again before I did after saying that you agreed with me about leaving the thread alone or having it removed etc.

At no stage has it been dead or "finished" for 24-36 hours, you've continually added your sage wisdom for which I'm sure everyone is so grateful.

What rank are you/were you in the police force?

Oh really BMG?

Get your facts right........it was YOU who who started commenting again before I did after saying that you agreed with me about leaving the thread alone or having it removed etc.

At no stage has it been dead or "finished" for 24-36 hours, you've continually added your sage wisdom for which I'm sure everyone is so grateful.

What rank are you/were you in the police force?

Between posts 42 & 43 there was over 24 hours gap, apologies if that is incorrect. I should perhaps have said that for a topic you considered dirge at post no 30, you have posted on it on 6 more occasions. I accept you or Al did not re-start the thread again, sorry for not being clearer, what I should have said was both you and he that continue to read and contribute to it, so that is at odds with your dirge comment. The other amusing thing is you responded to the thread before me making a sweeping statement that the UK police force is not fit for purpose. As very sweeping statement.

The reason I joined the threat was to put my view across to give the thread a more balanced view. It is actually quite telling that no one picked up on why 6 officer attended taking into account their responsibilities on managing and keeping the subject safe. We are all entitled to a view on here and although I sometimes really disagree with a view I do not belittle posters because of those differing views, that unless they try to devalue what I have said in a derogatory way because they have no real answers.

As I have said previously it took over half an hour for those officer to detain this male, so we can assume he did not go willingly. He has now been charged with a further offence, so it may be it was the dangerous driving that was his downfall rather than the indecent exposure, truth will out I guess.

This topic has 60 post if you include this on, so perhaps there was some interest or members had a view.

I, in know way support everything the modern day police do, not by a long way I can assure you. I am quite critical of them not being visible and for not dealing with the more mundane and let’s say petty area of their responsibilities, as letting that go means that misdemeanors that were not petty once then become petty, i.e. problems on the middle scale suddenly become the ones they ignore.

In short, my issue with the thread was all the inaccuracies it contained which I wished to put right, simple really.

To your last, I have no wish to avoid the question but will do so as I may identified in the smallish community I reside and it is of little relevance what rank one was at, it is down to knowledge and experience and an understanding of people which makes for a better officer. For the record though I have worked in and alongside officers form the UK and therefore appreciate the difficulty of the job no matter where you are. I hope you understand and accept my reason for avoiding your last question.

Perhaps now is the time to draw a line under the our differences on this topic and move on.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 15-11-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)