+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any tried these chip shops

Any tried these chip shops

https://www.golden-winyates-chippy.co.uk/

This one is about a 20/25 drive for me
    Great fish n chips and good quality everything else
    Regularly gets shortlisted for national awards

Can’t say I go there often it’s a bit rough area

My parents used to have a chippy that used to cook in beef lard, people used to travel some way for them
    Can’t say I was the biggest fan tbh, awesome when hot eaten straight away leave then 10 mins and they were an acquired taste

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    https://www.golden-winyates-chippy.co.uk/

This one is about a 20/25 drive for me
    Great fish n chips and good quality everything else
    Regularly gets shortlisted for national awards

Can’t say I go there often it’s a bit rough area

My parents used to have a chippy that used to cook in beef lard, people used to travel some way for them
    Can’t say I was the biggest fan tbh, awesome when hot eaten straight away leave then 10 mins and they were an acquired taste
    Wollaston Fish Bar is usually good.

Greg’s Plaice in Hagley wins awards but I am usually underwhelmed and overcharged for the mediocre quality when buying there.

The best fish and chips I’ve eaten over the past 50 years are at the chip shop I still use in Harrogate when I’m there.

They have always cooked in beef fat like you mention BS and I swear by this method.

My dad always said that this method as used in Yorkshire was the best way to cook fish and chips and I’d totally agree.

Any fish and chips less than piping hot is yukky in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up Mick, I'll give Wollaston a try and the one Baggie Singh mentioned if we are over that way.
    Rate my takeaway on You Tube has been to Bilston to try some Majors orange chips,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASA07TERBjU

Hooked on Fish in Cradley High St does orange chips and is brilliant.

I spend much of my week in Bewdley and they have 2 very good chippies, Catchem’s End and the one right next to the river in the town are both extremely good

I agree with Mick, having lived in Hagley for many years, the chip shop there is vastly overrated and rank average. The owners are very good at self promotion. Not worth a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Mick, I'll give Wollaston a try and the one Baggie Singh mentioned if we are over that way.
    Rate my takeaway on You Tube has been to Bilston to try some Majors orange chips,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASA07TERBjU
    try Carl’s in Wednesbury BOSTIN.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    try Carl’s in Wednesbury BOSTIN.
    Hi haven't been there for years, do you remember the Hut (off Hobs rd)

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi haven't been there for years, do you remember the Hut (off Hobs rd)
    should do mate,but the old grey matter not working.

If any of you have a day out in Stamford, a very nice town indeed, the Riverside Fish Restaurant is excellent, best I’ve had for a long time, although Best Plaice in my village runs it fairly close.

My mother used to live on Hagley Road, Hasbury, opposite the shop that used to be Dillons, and there was an excellent chippy a few doors along, until they changed the frying oil (or maybe they didn’t change it frequently enough) and it went from very good to awful!

Better off with a quality red wine than fish and chips which clogs the arteries. Someone will be telling me that pies are yummy too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)