+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The last 3 games..a Glasgow Perspective

The last 3 games..a Glasgow Perspective

I've been lucky enough to go to the last 3 games after not seeing since the Barrow away game.
    For any doubters, this is the best Notts team for several years..in my view.
    And when I say team, I mean from the manager, the owners the chief executive, the players and us the fans.
    It's been a revelation to me , especially yesterday , seeing so many youngsters and very passionate fans with so much enthusiasm and this is being reflected by the players on the pitch.
    Kyle Wooten was immense yesterday and gave a true captain's performance but was supported by every single player. We were so worth the win.
    When you look at how well Harrogate Barrow, Sutton and Hartlepool are doing in L2, I think the top half of the National league would hold their own. The problem is getting out of the league but it's competitiveness May well suit us as all the teams will take points off each other and I think our squad is good enough to fill the cracks when these pressure points inevitably come along.
    I truly haven't enjoyed an occasion like yesterday for several years...and it got me all misty eyed thinking of my younger Sneinton self walking to the games in the 70s.
    And it reminded me why I love this club.
    Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    I've been lucky enough to go to the last 3 games after not seeing since the Barrow away game.
    And when I say team, I mean from the manager, the owners the chief executive, the players and us the fans.
    It's been a revelation to me , especially yesterday , seeing so many youngsters and very passionate fans with so much enthusiasm and this is being reflected by the players on the pitch.
    Kyle Wooten was immense yesterday and gave a true captain's performance but was supported by every single player. We were so worth the win.
    When you look at how well Harrogate Barrow, Sutton and Hartlepool are doing in L2, I think the top half of the National league would hold their own. The problem is getting out of the league but it's competitiveness May well suit us as all the teams will take points off each other and I think our squad is good enough to fill the cracks when these pressure points inevitably come along.
    I truly haven't enjoyed an occasion like yesterday for several years...and it got me all misty eyed thinking of my younger Sneinton self walking to the games in the 70s.
    Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David
    Great post thanks! I agree with your view of the "team". We seemed to have built a very positive culture. Just need to secure promotion....

I lovely read, thanks David.

Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David
    Interesting post Dave and as one who has only manage to get to one live game v Wealdstone two months ago where I thought we were lucky to win and the team did not inspire me with much confidence, I am wondering what has changed since that night to improve the performances. I have listened to the recent commentaries and from thinking we would do well to get anything from the games v Stockport, Grimsby etc we have more than stepped up and are deserving of victories which perhaps we weren’t earlier in the season.
    The introduction of Vincent has definitely helped and solidifying at the back using the existing players has alleviated some of my concerns. Has having Patterson in goal also improved matters? Not saying that Slocombe is not a good enough goalie but be interested to learn from those seeing the games whether Notts’ improvement has been assisted by this (initially) enforced change. I am sure, after the Halifax debacle, the team and management must have got together to have a heart to heart to sort out the defensive and mentality problems and, to be fair, they have had more games to get used to each other and IB’s philosophy at playing the game.

However long may this improvement continue and I would be interested in learning other’s opinions even those who think my concerns from the Wealdstone performance were ill founded.

Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David
    Great post .!

Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David
    Great Post and you're right it was a great day. Love this club. COYP

Name:  Record Attendance.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  81.7 KB

Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David
    Great post, spot on.

Everyone at one at the club is pulling in the same direction.

The group of players that we have, they’ll be back in training today working incredibly hard. Yes, they’ll have a smile on their faces. But, they’ll know they’ve not achieved anything… yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Interesting post Dave and as one who has only manage to get to one live game v Wealdstone two months ago where I thought we were lucky to win and the team did not inspire me with much confidence, I am wondering what has changed since that night to improve the performances. I have listened to the recent commentaries and from thinking we would do well to get anything from the games v Stockport, Grimsby etc we have more than stepped up and are deserving of victories which perhaps we weren’t earlier in the season.
    The introduction of Vincent has definitely helped and solidifying at the back using the existing players has alleviated some of my concerns. Has having Patterson in goal also improved matters? Not saying that Slocombe is not a good enough goalie but be interested to learn from those seeing the games whether Notts’ improvement has been assisted by this (initially) enforced change. I am sure, after the Halifax debacle, the team and management must have got together to have a heart to heart to sort out the defensive and mentality problems and, to be fair, they have had more games to get used to each other and IB’s philosophy at playing the game.

However long may this improvement continue and I would be interested in learning other’s opinions even those who think my concerns from the Wealdstone performance were ill founded.
    Good question, I can understand your sentiments after the Wealdstone game.

The main reason for the improvement is time. How we’re currently playing doesn’t happen over night. The continuous work and effort that’s going in on the training ground by the all involved is exceptional. The patterns of play, the shape of the team when we don’t have the ball and the development of players, individually and into the system.

There are other aspects for for the improvement, which you have eluded too.

We’ve learnt from our mistakes.

Vincent is a big plus. Credit to IB and the coaching team for managing him correctly. Not rushing him into the team.

Like you, I’m a fan of Slocombe. He’s a quality keeper at this level. But, Pattison has taken it up a level. His handling, distribution and calmness are levels above NL. If he continues to work hard, big future ahead of him. I hope Notts can secure his services for the remainder of the season.

Glasgow Dave highlighted the team, as in the whole club. Everybody is pulling in the same direction and there’s a real unity about the club.

The owners have a long term vision. A few indifferent performances or results weren’t/aren’t going to knock them off the direction of travel. They give all involved a solid foundation to work from.

There’ll be more bumps in the road ahead, of that I have no doubt. But, despite being in the NL, this is becoming a memorable part of our history… for the right reasons.

Thanks everyone.
    Love to you all.
    David
    Typical post looking through rose tinted spectacles, the way your talking is if we had been promoted

Good day on saturday , the best thing is we delivered on a big occasion in front of a big crowd , an essential thing going forward if we are to gain promotion, as ther will be more big days and big games

But we were not tested on saturday, it just ran our way, solihull should have levelled around 80 mins through rooney, who according to stallard missed a sitter, and did not have his striker boots on
    The question then is would notts have crumbled under the pressure late on, like they have on a number of other occasions, future matches will answer this question ??

The side is still not as good as Ardley,s side before the covid curtialed the season , but shows promise.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-11-2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code for you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast