+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illegals and Failed Asylum Seekers

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Public school and Halesowen Grammar, I’ll have you know! Paragraphs, I wouldn’t want to confuse any that didn’t enjoy the privileged education wot I did!
    In your very limited defence the nearest you'd have got to a space bar at school was on the secretary's type writer.

Mobile phones and laptops would have been fantastical concepts in Dan Dare and the Mekon and tablets either came down from mountains or were taken only when ill.

You old fart 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Good post. Pouring billions in to Africa as has happened over the years is not the answer. The state of the continent proves it. BLM conveniently ignore the fact that much of Africa's issues have been bought about by years of corrupt dictatorships using their countries wealth as a personal bank account.

Corruption at so many levels at the expense of the ordinary man or woman is rife. A company I worked for got involved in a scheme to build schools and hospitals in Uganda. The deal was you got your flight 50% paid for, got paid by the company to take a week off to live in a village and provide free labour building these structures. Those that did go got hit with a $300 dollar 'tax' on arrival that they'd not been told about or they'd get put on the next flight out at their own cost. Turns out every person of multiple nationalities was paying this 'tax' that it transpired was going to a local committee made up of the police chief, magistrate and local government ministers.

Until it starts to sort its own problems out mass movement of people will continue which as you say is unsustainable.
    There is no doubt large parts of Africa is corrupt. But without knowing the numbers, I'd say the majority who come here are Syrian, Iraqi, Afghan or Libyan. All four countries we've interfered with our terrible foreign policies which are coming back to bite us.

'Pouring billions' into international aid is needed in my view for two reasons. One, it will save lives, and two - because the more stable a country is, the less likely people there will want to flee. International aid will actually help immigrants to not attempt to come to the UK. However, International Aid is an easy hit for our press, and most in this country believe our press, as evidenced by Brexit, so International Aid will always be a target.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    There is no doubt large parts of Africa is (sorry but it's 'are') corrupt.......However, International Aid is an easy hit for our press, and most in this country believe our press, as evidenced by Brexit, so International Aid will always be a target.
    Have you ever read Mein Kampf by any chance? I have...... along with a whole host of other books. It's author always returns to one narrative. The Jews.

With you it's the uneducated gammon plebs of the world. My only surprise is that you haven't linked Brexit to slavery and colonialism......yet.

Still, the day is young 😊 .

The bottom line is that I am not going to send my hard earned money to line some African despot's pockets. Don't tell me that there is no corruption either, in those four countries that you have quoted. If it could be officially confirmed that my money goes where it is needed I will willingly donate, as I have done in the past. Until then, no!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Have you ever read Mein Kampf by any chance? I have...... along with a whole host of other books. It's author always returns to one narrative. The Jews.

With you it's the uneducated gammon plebs of the world. My only surprise is that you haven't linked Brexit to slavery and colonialism......yet.

Still, the day is young 😊 .
    He’ll be advocating the tearing down of Bomber Brown’s statue next 68 on the grounds that Remi Moses was “enslaved” to clean his boots whilst in our youth team!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Excellent idea about isolating them on an island Regis.

Guernsey.
    Yorkshire is a better place for them to stay, they’ll be most welcome, no racists up there is there!

Funny how you confuse a personal view of an individual with the view of a government but hey-ho you were bullied at school so you know what a bully is like don’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Yorkshire is a better place for them to stay, they’ll be most welcome, no racists up there is there!

Funny how you confuse a personal view of an individual with the view of a government but hey-ho you were bullied at school so you know what a bully is like don’t you.
    So you’re happy to make capital out of the 4 years of bullying I suffered then?

Top man! 👍🏻

If what you were seeing are families mothers, father's and children seeking asylum I don't really have a problem with that, though I do wonder why they travel across half the world to get here risking their lives crossing the channel, when they could find sanctuary in a country that shares their views on religion, culture and dress.
    But often we see literally boatloads of young men of military call up age coming ashore, a good job for us that our young men didn't do a runner in 1940.
    There is no doubt in my mind that most are here for the freebies and nearly all despise our way of life.
    They create their own " communities" and refuse to integrate.
    We should have laid down the conditions of entry in the 1960's, it's too late now this country is f ucked.

The leaders of this country have lost their backbone.

Nelson would be spinning in his grave.....if he hadn't been laid to rest in a tomb in the crypt of St Paul’s.

He started his death in a barrel of rum!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)