+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegals and Failed Asylum Seekers

Illegals and Failed Asylum Seekers

Come on Boris FFS get a grip and throw all this scum out of the country! Enough is enough!

People are sick of it now and feel awful for the burnt out taxi in Liverpool! Shame a broom was required to sweep out the contents into a bag for the tip!

I don’t think that you can brand all migrants/asylum seekers as ‘scum’; yes, there are probably some that would fit that description but there will be many that just want a decent life. Surely, though, there must come a point, quite soon, where we have to say ‘no more’, as the infrastructure of the country will not be able to cope. Indeed, the NHS cannot cope with the demand for its services today. School places are at a premium, there’s a persistent shortage of housing, power supplies are not far off getting to the bare minimum, and with the reduction in the use of coal and gas for electricity generation, this is going to become difficult, especially in the short to medium term. Then there is the issue of water; already there are plans to build two new giant reservoirs in the East of England. A couple of years with minimum rain in the Summer months will bring it home how critical this problem will become in the near future. Climate change will affect people in Africa and other third World areas on increasing levels; Europe as a whole cannot take in millions of people from Africa, let alone the UK. What is to be done? I don’t know but as sure as hell it ain’t going to be pretty!

I agree Kettering that we do have to get to grips with the situation. I thought that this is what Boris was going to do! No problem with immigration but with a regulated system, welcoming those who are going to contribute to our society and ensuring that criminals and undesirables do not enter. This is why we cannot keep accepting those entering illegally and asylum seekers who have not been vetted first. Something has to be done about these boatloads who just arrive on our shores. I don't agree that nothing can be done if they arrive illegally. If they are not legally entitled to enter this country surely we can refuse them entry. If not, why have a law?

A couple of things that baffle me about immigration.

The first is similar to how Kettering and many others say things like 'we should feed/house our own first' or 'NHS/education is at breaking point'. And of course immigrants get the blame for this. Its not a binary choice between having a welfare system or health/education by choosing not to take in immigrants. In fact there is a lot of evidence that immigrants prop up these places, especially our healthcare. This is the responsibility of the Government who are happy for you to blame immigrants for their failings.

The second is the perception that immigrants typically arrive by the boatload. 677,000 people moved to the UK in 2019 (of course, the majority did so on correct visa's), 8,000 people came by boat in 2020. The vast majority of immigrants that are here don't arrive by boat, but overstay their visa's. The one's who do arrive by boat are the super desperate.

And I don't know the answers either by the way, its just we look at immigrants in a terrible light when 99% of them come here to work and for a better life. Brexit has (hopefully) taught us that we need immigrants. The people who are really screwing the country over are the politicians giving themselves fat, juicy public taxpayer contracts - not the poor bloke risking his life on a dinghy in the channel. The biggest scroungers are Johnson, Gove, Jenrick, Hancock and the like..

What you don't appear to understand 123 is the word illegal. If in all other areas of society we ignored the laws, we'd be in a right mess! You state that most of those who remain do so because their visas have expired and haven't come on dingys. So that's OK then, and overstaying your visa is not illegal? I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning.

A lad that works for me stayed in Australia after his visa expired.

He was eventually caught, thrown in jail and then deported at his own expense.

He also had to leave behind the personal assets that he’d started to build up over there.

There was no messing about by Aussie authorities, he was well treated and very much got the “hard luck mate” from those that dealt with him but he was gone.

This is the way it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What you don't appear to understand 123 is the word illegal. If in all other areas of society we ignored the laws, we'd be in a right mess! You state that most of those who remain do so because their visas have expired and haven't come on dingys. So that's OK then, and overstaying your visa is not illegal? I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning.
    I think you're missing my point.

A lot of media attention is given to immigrants arriving by boat, yet hardly any to those who overstay their visas. And the figures would suggest that is the area of high numbers of immigrants to be looking at. And Priti Patel is talking about sending gunboats and the Navy in - for the area of immigration that is minimal. Its pure PR posturing.

And also, you're talking about 'illegal'. Do you think people who risk their lives in dangerous dinghies on choppy waters in November care about if they do something that is legal or not? Politicians, such as Johnson and Patel, see this issue as a vote winner for them. And here we are.

What gets me is when the illegal immigration gets a mention (or the story is amplified) when or during a time the gov is facing bad press.. ahem the 2nd jobs row. Yes it’s been going on but is it also used to divert attention away? I’m surprised there isn’t a separate thread on this and yes Labour are also not innocent on this and also the sleaze row vote. Typical.

I like the suggestion you’ve made mick regarding the illegal immigration, but i’d go further in isolating them off to a remote island and get the message out that you cannot enter illegally.

That said, i’m not against immigration but we do always see images of men, men only. I’m sure amongst these are some that are innocent. I’d rather see a ‘family’ come over/apply than individual men. As 123 pointed out, they can benefit the economy. There is a lot we don’t know and why isn’t there a pursuit in finding the people smugglers/traffickers? Like ban sales of dinghies in france? Surely a licence would be needed?

Back to the sleaze. It’s about time we had a new law in place ‘The National Interest Act’ which criminalises sleaze and corruption and one that can override certain rules that don’t have the national interest at heart. This is a vast area I know and i’ve only been thinking this the other day on how it could be used to nationalise certain utilities that don’t play ball. I probably have not summed my idea up well, but any new potential government is missing this opportunity to get into power.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I think you're missing my point.

A lot of media attention is given to immigrants arriving by boat, yet hardly any to those who overstay their visas. And the figures would suggest that is the area of high numbers of immigrants to be looking at. And Priti Patel is talking about sending gunboats and the Navy in - for the area of immigration that is minimal. Its pure PR posturing.

And also, you're talking about 'illegal'. Do you think people who risk their lives in dangerous dinghies on choppy waters in November care about if they do something that is legal or not? Politicians, such as Johnson and Patel, see this issue as a vote winner for them. And here we are.
    They may not care so that makes it OK then. It's a good job we all don't take that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    They may not care so that makes it OK then. It's a good job we all don't take that attitude.
    Our Government don't care, they're as crooked as it gets. And you voted for them in the last election.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)