+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hucknall v Notts tonight

Hucknall v Notts tonight

Notts Senior Cup, 7.45pm at Watnall Road.

Anyone going? Appears it will just be the u19s, will be a tough ask if so.

Thought there might be a couple of pros playing but I suppose there's only Sam, Knight (still injured?), Slocombe (no chance he'd play) and Doyle of the seniors that aren't getting a game, plus Palmer, who's out on loan.

Me and my partner will be there, although i don't fancy our chances.

Incredible to think that 10-15 years ago, Hucknall were only one level below where we are now, finishing as high as 10th in the Conference North. Eastwood also had three seasons at the 6th tier level shortly before that, finishing 4th one season.

Are Carlton Town still the strongest non-league Nottingham team currently? Dunkirk actually got a mention on talkSport a few months back, the presenters thinking they'd been named after the 1940 historical variety. Basford were doing alright last time I looked but Arnold seemed to have dropped through the floor since they moved nearer to Calverton.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Incredible to think that 10-15 years ago, Hucknall were only one level below where we are now, finishing as high as 10th in the Conference North. Eastwood also had three seasons at the 6th tier level shortly before that, finishing 4th one season.

Are Carlton Town still the strongest non-league Nottingham team currently? Dunkirk actually got a mention on talkSport a few months back, the presenters thinking they'd been named after the 1940 historical variety. Basford were doing alright last time I looked but Arnold seemed to have dropped through the floor since they moved nearer to Calverton.
    Basford are in a higher league ( Northern premier league Premier Division) Carlton are in Northern premier league division one South.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Hucknall were actually denied entry to the National League (Conference back then) in 2004 because their ground wasn't up to standard, this was after winning the Northern Premier League top division. I cannot remember the reason why they were denied, I used to watch them often when Notts were away and Watnall Road was no worse than some of the grounds around at that time.

They basically got into a financial mess and ended up back in the Central Midlands League. I seem to think that they used to play in the Notts Alliance many years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Hucknall were actually denied entry to the National League (Conference back then) in 2004 because their ground wasn't up to standard, this was after winning the Northern Premier League top division. I cannot remember the reason why they were denied, I used to watch them often when Notts were away and Watnall Road was no worse than some of the grounds around at that time.

They basically got into a financial mess and ended up back in the Central Midlands League. I seem to think that they used to play in the Notts Alliance many years ago?
    Yes, founder members of the 6th tier North in 2004 along with such names as Barrow, Harrogate Town, Bradford Park Avenue, Worksop and Alfreton (Sutton United and Newport County were in the Southern section, begun the same season). Hucknall Finished bottom in 2009, the same season Kings Lynn folded and Solihull Moors completed their 2nd season in existence whilst Notts were a matter of months from unveiling Sven.
    A decade is a long time in football.

Long Eaton United beat Eastwood 5-0 away last Saturday in the UCL Premier North.

LE have won 14 drew 2 lost 0 and hope to go up to Step 4 next season, likely to be same league as Ilkeston

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post

They had planned to have the ground upgraded during the close to bring it up to Conference standard, but the league insisted it had to finished by the end of that current season. By then the owners construction business was having problems, which eventually led to there demise....

Amazing how teams like Barrow, Sollihull and one or two others have managed to get into the league with their grounds..

Me and my boys are going up tonight. We live nearby and my brother plays for Hucknall.
    Exciting times for Hucknall. A decent crowd for their level is expected.
    I was rather hoping that one or 2 who haven’t played much would rock up and support the U19’s. Maybe Doyle.
    Hucknall boast Craig Westcarr in their squad.

Hopefully an entertaining game. Not bothered about the result.

1-1 at half time.

Hucknall the better side but knocked in a ****ty corner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast