+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stockport v Bolton

Stockport v Bolton

Reight game. Proper old school FA cup tie and the atmosphere at Edgely Park is top notch. Great to see a full turn out from the home fans. That club has had its fair share o trials and tribulations in last few years. They seem to be on the rise again.

Av bin to Stockport a few times to watch us and one game a remember a Stockport penalty being retaken twice late on to rob us of a 2-1 win. Paul Hart era a think it wo. Reds fans wo proper p1ssed off that day wi that referee!

Great FA Cup tie pass rolling back the years that one !

Think it was 2001 Boxing day for me Pass last time I went to Edgely Park and we won 3-1. Carlton Palmer in their line up.

Crikey that's 20 years ago ....Eh

Speaking of underwhelming managers, Stockport appointed Carlton the ex-fowl Palmer lol. And look at where they ended up. 😀

Brilliant game, really enjoyed it. Fair play to Stockport, they had some great work ethic and a touch of quality in Quigley and Madden and deserved their win. If they laik like that every week then they may challenge for promotion back to the EFL.

Quigley for me looks better than National league. Despite a sluggish start to his career he has been very much in the goals last couple o seasons being pivotal in Barrows recent success. Impressive performance by the lad last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Think it was 2001 Boxing day for me Pass last time I went to Edgely Park and we won 3-1. Carlton Palmer in their line up.

Crikey that's 20 years ago ....Eh
    Aye a wo theear n all that day Chops. Think it wo our only away win that season!

I was there Pass and I was cheesed off. Being Manchester based at the time, I went to see a few Stockport games on a Friday night with my mate who was a city supporter. Always a great atmosphere. The EFL needs them back.
    I was surprised Quigley moved from Barrow to Stockport, dropping a division. He had a great game. Stockport have a few decent players.

That was the first relegation season for me in 01-02, and I think Crewe came down with us and Stockport.
    To this day though I don't know how Rotherham, Grimsby, and Walsall all stayed up ahead of us that season.
    And much worse was to follow of course at the end of that year.. administration!!. 😧

Great game to watch and they will give the Millers a good game in the next round as well.
    What struck me was the size of their MASSIVE scoreboard!!!! A non league side that puts money into the enjoyment of their fans! Our lot should take note.

Remember when Mike Summerbee played for them , he got involved in a snowball feyt with fans in the Old Brewery stand (paddock) , they always seemed to sign better players than us , good luck to them it's time they were back in the league ♥