+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vs Brighton

Vs Brighton

Stevie Gs 1st match. Apparently hes a bit of a 433 man. Front 3 tight together and wing backs bombing on.

Martinez
    Cash Konza Mings Targett
    Luiz Ramsey Mgwinn
    Buendier Watkins Bailey

If all fit

Dougie is a doubt I think, Nakamba definitely out so unless Tuanzebe can play as a DM it's down to SJM.

Emi
    C/K/M/T
    SJM
    Sanson/Ramsey
    Buendia/Ings/Watkins

Bailey off the bench on the hour, don't think he or Buendia are up to full match fitness.

Brighton are a very good side, defensively one of the best so first goal will be key and I just hope we are bang at it from the first whistle.

Apparently were linked with Defensive midfielder Glen Kamara. Good player. This defensive midfield position is the 1st problem Gerrard needs to fix.

I dont think G will make too many changes but if both Dougie and Naka are out it gives us a big problem in Midfield, he may throw young in or Chuckie, i also think Sanson will leave in January, another player who feels unwanted and list..our Midfield needs sorting in January...

Em1

Cash
    Konsa
    Mings
    Young

Sansom/Chukwuemeka
    Ramsey
    SJM

Em2
    Ings
    Watkins

I think he may shake it up a bit?

Em1

Mings
    Hause
    Konsa

Cash
    McGinn
    Ramsey
    Young

Buendia
    Watkins
    Bailey

Luiz Nakamba & Sanson out.....
    Thats a whole midfield.
    Luiz and Nakka have Hammies, Sanson apparently injured his foot while on 'Oliday' In france with his Family, yer right, he's working his ticket!
    Midfield we have a big problem.
    One thing I was thinking about if my team has to change is pushing Cash up into midfield? Its his old position. I think playing cashand young narrow will help the midfield.
    Slight doubt on Bailey, he came off early when playing for Jamaica.
    # one thing G has to do is sort these injuries out, its riddiculous. He has implemented a ban on junk food so no more Ketchup on their butties.

I'm fed-up with all the pundits saying this is what gerrard will do, he will be great... he will be crap. all opinions are moot until he plays a game. I have no idea what formation he will play, I have no idea which players he rates? I have faith we have some very good players and that Gerrard and his team are competent coaches. they did not come here to lose... So whether or not he is successful, we can guarantee he will be doing his damn well best. thats all we can ask for really.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Luiz Nakamba & Sanson out.....
    Thats a whole midfield.
    Luiz and Nakka have Hammies, Sanson apparently injured his foot while on 'Oliday' In france with his Family, yer right, he's working his ticket!
    Midfield we have a big problem.
    One thing I was thinking about if my team has to change is pushing Cash up into midfield? Its his old position. I think playing cashand young narrow will help the midfield.
    Slight doubt on Bailey, he came off early when playing for Jamaica.
    # one thing G has to do is sort these injuries out, its riddiculous. He has implemented a ban on junk food so no more Ketchup on their butties.
    Sanson still not fit GROAN! Will we ever see him play a half let alone a full 90 mins for us.

Maybe Ramsey could hold with Tuanzebe, he's got energy aplenty, isn't afraid to tackle and would allow SJM to play higher up the pitch. Stevie G's claret&blue army - first and foremost, yeera course.

Sanson is really making his case for the Sicknote 11 (captained by Jack Wiltshire)

With the injuries we have, if Gerrard does play 3 in midfield I think it has to be...

Emi

Targett
    Konsa
    Mings
    Cashski

McGinn
    Ramsey
    Chucky

Buendia
    Ings
    Ollie

But it's going to be a tough game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)