+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitch

Pitch

Not sure this is worth a separate thread or it’s been mentioned before but feel I need to congratulate the groundsmen team on the pitch. Has our pitch ever looked better than it does now? just sat there last night and thought this more be on par with the premier league, I know we’ve always kept it well but it just looked immaculate under the lights last night.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Not sure this is worth a separate thread or it’s been mentioned before but feel I need to congratulate the groundsmen team on the pitch. Has our pitch ever looked better than it does now? just sat there last night and thought this more be on par with the premier league, I know we’ve always kept it well but it just looked immaculate under the lights last night.
    Didnt it get redone last summer or is that me?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    It gets redone every summer. The only summer it didn't get done was when the Reedtz first took over because there just wasn't enough time so the groundsmen patch repaired where it was wearing from the season before.

Because of the break that season, they took advantage of it and redid the pitch between the curtailed season and the playoffs and then this season it was a normal relaying.

April last year - https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-210420/

From memory Ray Trew had it done but there was some doubt as to whether as much was done as was made out.

Alan Hardy at a deeper go which got down to some rotting material which caused a stink around the area as the gasses were released.

I thought some deeper work had been done on drainage in recent years. The proof of the pudding will be how it stands up to a winter - if indeed we get one this year. It seems to have stood up to some heavy periods of rain earlier in the season.

Edit: Just seen CBP's reply.

Edit Edit: See also - https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...nsform-1628880
    Last edited by Old_pie; 18-11-2021 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added further links

Thanks for the replies I thought I remembered seeing some stuff on the Notts Farcebook page about it but I couldn't really remember.

Didn't we also have overnight pitch lights at one time? I remember a big song and dance being made about it perhaps in the Munto time?

Thanks for the replies I thought I remembered seeing some stuff on the Notts Farcebook page about it but I couldn't really remember.

Didn't we also have overnight pitch lights at one time? I remember a big song and dance being made about it perhaps in the Munto time?
    I think the UV lamps were around from Trew's time. They were donated from Notts Police and one of the universities in Nottingham as a student project. Not sure if we still have them or not though

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think the UV lamps were around from Trew's time. They were donated from Notts Police and one of the universities in Nottingham as a student project. Not sure if we still have them or not though
    Well we were using them last winter as I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Think they were made using lamps the police had confiscated from folks doing a bit too much loft conversion horticulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Think they were made using lamps the police had confiscated from folks doing a bit too much loft conversion horticulture.
    At least they were helping grass grow in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At least they were helping grass grow in both cases.
    I seem to remember some fancy solution being proposed when Munto was around. It was a pretend show of $ of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast