+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A day out at Hardenhuish Park last Saturday

A day out at Hardenhuish Park last Saturday

How many of you know which team plays it’s home games here ? Not many I bet. It was the destination for my latest excursion into Non League circles. The game in question was the National League South fixture , between Chippenham Town at home to Billericay Town .The game ended upon a 3-0 win to the home side, which kept the Bluebirds in mid table , and the visitors firmly rooted to the bottom, 3 points adrift. Once Chippenham went in front just before the interval, they retained the upper hand , and added two more to secure all 3 points. The 100 or so Ricay fans ,will point to a dodgy offside second goal, and a potential hand ball for the third goal, but can really have no complaints , despite hitting the post twice. So far this season it’s been a familiar story for them, even losing the previous 4 games ,despite appointing a new manager a month ago..
    This weekend we’ll be up in Es*** again, for our granddaughters birthday. Billericay are at home to Hampton and Richmond, another ***** fixture. I’ll be there with my son, grandson and our other Welsh grandad!!First time we’ve all been to a game together. All we need is a home win. The only way will be Es*** for sure !!

Enjoy your day out malwayne.

I'm visiting Turf Moor with my son and grandson for the first time since COVID broke out.

COYC.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    How many of you know which team plays it’s home games here ? Not many I bet. It was the destination for my latest excursion into Non League circles. The game in question was the National League South fixture , between Chippenham Town at home to Billericay Town .The game ended upon a 3-0 win to the home side, which kept the Bluebirds in mid table , and the visitors firmly rooted to the bottom, 3 points adrift. Once Chippenham went in front just before the interval, they retained the upper hand , and added two more to secure all 3 points. The 100 or so Ricay fans ,will point to a dodgy offside second goal, and a potential hand ball for the third goal, but can really have no complaints , despite hitting the post twice. So far this season it’s been a familiar story for them, even losing the previous 4 games ,despite appointing a new manager a month ago..
    This weekend we’ll be up in Es*** again, for our granddaughters birthday. Billericay are at home to Hampton and Richmond, another ***** fixture. I’ll be there with my son, grandson and our other Welsh grandad!!First time we’ve all been to a game together. All we need is a home win. The only way will be Es*** for sure !!
    Thanks for the match report malwayne. I think Chippenham are a couple of levels above Clitheroe in the League pyramid. Looking forward to your Billericay v Hampton & Richmond match news.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)