+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 174 of 182 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1817

Thread: The funsters

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Compare and contrast

Attachment 26026
    Honestly,what a beautiful view of TheAuldHunStand and the Dairy from above,it almost brought a tear to my eye looking at that.

Sky Sports even getting in on the joke now.

Name:  Screenshot_20240410-141311~2.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  19.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The proposal is a farce though, not in a million years should it be accepted going by traffic issues and environmental ones alone and there always been the case, very arrogant of the fun owners from the get go, just hope it gets rejected which is the common sense outcome

They really should be redeveloping that heap across the road in reality
    I think some of our fans are clutching at straws and are suddenly all would be David Bellamys who are holding massive concerns about the local Ant population at Camperdown being harmed

I personally think this will go ahead and if im being totally honest I also think this will be a good thing for our city putting aside any footballing allegiances .
    The main environmental group tasked with any obligations have looked it over and see no issues which is one of the major hurdles passed I believe .
    As for the traffic congestion ,while there is obviously going to be some congestion as is the case around any football ground be that old or new , I'm pretty sure the counter argument will be that there are traffic issues around Tannadice and Dens if they don't end up moving anyway so whats the difference if the congested area is shifted from coldside to the kingsway .

At the end of the day who cares what they do or don't do anyway, we need to be concentrating on where we are and what we need to do to get back to where the club needs to be both on and off the park and not casting envious glances across the road and praying The Fun are scuppered in their attempts at a new stadium .

Latest update from the ScotFoam Arena is that the Rangers have said the game should go ahead as long as the penalty spots are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    I think some of our fans are clutching at straws and are suddenly all would be David Bellamys who are holding massive concerns about the local Ant population at Camperdown being harmed

I personally think this will go ahead and if im being totally honest I also think this will be a good thing for our city putting aside any footballing allegiances .
    The main environmental group tasked with any obligations have looked it over and see no issues which is one of the major hurdles passed I believe .
    As for the traffic congestion ,while there is obviously going to be some congestion as is the case around any football ground be that old or new , I'm pretty sure the counter argument will be that there are traffic issues around Tannadice and Dens if they don't end up moving anyway so whats the difference if the congested area is shifted from coldside to the kingsway .

At the end of the day who cares what they do or don't do anyway, we need to be concentrating on where we are and what we need to do to get back to where the club needs to be both on and off the park and not casting envious glances across the road and praying The Fun are scuppered in their attempts at a new stadium .
    And why would you want to set aside any football allegiances 😁

And just to add, the reason some town centres are empty is more and more out of town retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    And just to add, the reason some town centres are empty is more and more out of town retail.
    That was one of the reasons I'm sure Arbroath didn't get permission for their stadium move a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    That was one of the reasons I'm sure Arbroath didn't get permission for their stadium move a few years ago.
    Yep, and the population of the city has reduced, more people are living longer so why the need for a new Crem?

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files/...20%20in%202020.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    And why would you want to set aside any football allegiances ��
    I know what you are saying and in normal circumstances i wouldn't want the Fun to do well at anything .

But I'm also a very proud Dundonian first and foremost and do believe this is a good thing for our city so for that reason alone i think this should go ahead or at least I wont be fussed if it does , which may be a more accurate take on it .

In other equally shocking news and after speaking to a fellow Arab last night and a few fellow Arabs today we were all of the same opinion that if this game at Dens goes ahead tonight none of us would be overly fussed if the Dee's manage to get a point from it if only to see the reaction of the Sevco management and supporters (of which I include the entire west coast media within that group).

While we all stopped short at hoping the Fun get all 3 points we all agreed we wouldn't mind them getting 1 to enjoy the fall-out that would immediately follow as the pitch issue gets banded about as a reason for the failure to win.

Anything other than 3 points to the zombies tonight will see total meltdown from the daily record and from within Ibrox

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The proposal is a farce though, not in a million years should it be accepted going by traffic issues and environmental ones alone and there always been the case, very arrogant of the fun owners from the get go, just hope it gets rejected which is the common sense outcome

They really should be redeveloping that heap across the road in reality
    I can see this being drawn out over a number of years where plans are re-drawn to include a couple of windmills and a stadium roof of solar panels. Still doesnt take away the need to consider the traffic implications of the area. Passed by the park entrance the other day and the roads are too busy for the traffic just now, never mind if a stadium/hotel/crem gets built there.

Sadly this has to go through the process, and i can see the council rejecting this at every stage, only for SG to pass it when it gets to that stage of the appeal!

I agree that redeveloping across the road is the way to go, but i have serious doubts anything can be done there because of the old coup and the drainage issues on Dens Road!

Page 174 of 182 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)