+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oli vs Ings

Oli vs Ings

I think were a better side when Oli plays without ings. I would have Buendier and Bailey either side of him.

I dont think we need two wingers, Oli up front yes, Ings on bench. Bailey out wide with Ramsey free role like Jack had. 3 in midfield when fit: Luiz, MaGinn & Naki.....🤔 when you can score goals, when starting in your own half, who needs wingers!

It depends on what you want from a striker?

Ollie, originally a wide player, and plays well there, runs forever but he needs too many chances to score. Over a season his conversion rate isn’t great.

Ings is by far the better finisher, but appears, on the surface, to add little else.

I just want my strikers to be goalscorers, so if pushed, it’s Ings for me.

Dave its what Gerrard wants. A tight front 3.

I know what you mean about Oli exiled but i would only move oli to the left if we got a better striker. Im not convinced on Ings.
    Last season we had goals coming from Jack Traore Elgazi Trez but Ramsey 1 goal Buendier 1 goal Mginn maybe 2. Its not good enough.

When we had that little spell of games beating Newcastle,Everton,United I thought Ings looked a great player, his movement off the ball, the pass to Bailey for his goal and the positions he gets himself into if only others would look to pick him out. He is a deadly finisher and they aren't ten a penny, Ollie is a different type of player - if Gerrard can find a system to get them playing well together then the goals will surely follow.

Remember the Lampard / Gerrard thingy with England? I guess its down to form but only one out and out striker needed. Ollie at the minute..

I agree Dave but we need Bailey Buendier and others chipping in too. Buendier has been disappointing so far but its early days.

I am not sure about Buendia at the minute his confidence looks shot. Ramsey playing in the whole, hes our Smith Rowe...

Sanson was on the bench Saturday - if he's as good as people say he is then where does Ramsey fit in as they're both box to box number 8? That said, Sanson's never fit for selection much is he.

Buendia - you don't fork out £35M without doing your homework, he just hasn't settled yet.

True i remember Petrov stuggling in his 1st season. I think Buendier will have a better 2nd half of the season. Ramsey cant be dropped for Sanson surly!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)