+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I’m a Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    If these type of thing floats your boat, try Impossible engineering and abandoned engineering on the Yesterday channel (which also has a lot of railway programmes too).

All interesting, and thankfully all more factually more accurate than the Larkins.
    Watched quite a lot of Abandoned Engineering recently BB. Fascinating stories from all over the world about projects which did not stand the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I love the little side jokes in Minder.

Yesterday’s episode featured a bloke with the nickname “Self Inficted”.

When Arthur was asked how the guy had ended up with that name he explained that the large scar on his cheek was an attempt to make himself look hard and the bloke had slashed his own face with a knife, hence “Self Inflicted”......🤣🤣

I’ve always loved a good nickname, it won’t surprise anyone to hear that my fellow sales team at Dunlop Sports in the 90’s labelled me as “The Angry Young Man”.......my habit of ranting back at the bosses filled them with pleasure and fear at the same time!

Best nickname I’ve heard was at my dad’s office, they had a bloke with the surname “Bodily”........known to everyone as “Grievous”...🤣🤣🤣

A lad in my brothers year at school used to wee his pants and he had the unfortunate nickname of “Wet Patch”.....🤣🤣

Some of my mates call me “Frank” due to a passing resemblance to Frank Skinner.

Anyone on here got a nickname people know them by?
    One of my favourite episodes Arthur as foreman of the jury (think 12 angry men with George Cole playing the Henry Fonda role.) Arthur says "You can't convict someone because the look of their boat"
    Asian lady "Boat what is boat"
    Arthur's explanation "Boat race dear"

They replaced Dennis Waterman. Replaced George Cole? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    One of my favourite episodes Arthur as foreman of the jury (think 12 angry men with George Cole playing the Henry Fonda role.) Arthur says "You can't convict someone because the look of their boat"
    Asian lady "Boat what is boat"
    Arthur's explanation "Boat race dear"

They replaced Dennis Waterman. Replaced George Cole? Don't think so.

I loved George Cole.

Superb in St Trinians and also in A Christmas Carol made in the 1950’s.

A tradition of mine to watch every Xmas Eve even now.

A truly brilliant character actor.

Arthur Daley character was first offered to Denholm Elliot, thank god he turned it down.

Waterman was superb as well, Gary Webster was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Watched quite a lot of Abandoned Engineering recently BB. Fascinating stories from all over the world about projects which did not stand the test of time.
    It is a really good channel, and they have recently been showing WW2 programmes based on the which factories on both sides did what to supply the frontline. Fascinating to see how many of the big companies of today were on opposite sides then. I find the WWs very interesting however my knowledge is limited, which I intend to improve (hopefully) in the future when I have more time, so for me learning new stuff when watching these is great. I only knew really of Hugo Boss and Mercedes involvement in essence and I didn't know that mass production for won the supply battle being fought in the factories.

It's a shame Yesterday don't have a proper catch up service, though as I keep missing the one where a stadium roof seems to collapse.

Mickd re Minder, it's really great and was never the same when his "nephew" took over from Tel, the chemistry was never the same.

My dad is always watching that and Only fools and horses and for some strange reason Heartbeat (probably because we're all just grateful that he's still got one given his drinking).
    Last edited by BaggieBlood; 23-11-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If we're honest, the majority of terrestrial television is utter rubbish. It's difficult to find a programme worth watching. We find ourselves watching reruns of Morse, Lewis, Endeavour etc. I think that it's daylight robbery that we have to pay for a BBC license as well. Left wing bias is endemic at the company.
    You don’t have to pay the license fee if you don’t want to. I don’t as I’d rather not give my money to a corporation full of wokie lefties.

You can legally watch most terrestrial tv legally on catch up as well as streaming channels such as Netflix or Amazon. The exception being BBC IPlayer but that’s mostly full of shi*e in any case.,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)