+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Wiles,how good is this lad?

Ben Wiles,how good is this lad?

When this lad broke in to the first team a few years ago he clearly had some talent.He was asked especially last season to play in numerous posititions.He did this very well and did not let the team down,however it was clear his ideal position was central attacking midfield.When asked to play out of position he didn't moan about he got on with it and did the job.He is now playing in his true position and oh boy are we seeing some player.There is no doubt he will play at the highest level.The goals he has scored are pure gems and he looks so confident going forward and on one of more occasions he was ruthlessly hacked down.He is one of our own and is role model for the growing number of talented youngsters coming through just now.Well done Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    When this lad broke in to the first team a few years ago he clearly had some talent.He was asked especially last season to play in numerous posititions.He did this very well and did not let the team down,however it was clear his ideal position was central attacking midfield.When asked to play out of position he didn't moan about he got on with it and did the job.He is now playing in his true position and oh boy are we seeing some player.There is no doubt he will play at the highest level.The goals he has scored are pure gems and he looks so confident going forward and on one of more occasions he was ruthlessly hacked down.He is one of our own and is role model for the growing number of talented youngsters coming through just now.Well done Ben.
    Well said.

Agreed.

Perhaps more credit should be given to how he's been coached by PW and team. Warney took regular flak for "playing him out of position". IMO that experience has made Ben a much more rounded player and maybe was part of the plan to develop him.

Top class coaching?....or a superb player that "any old fool" could manage. Depends if you're a "Warney boy" or not I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Agreed.

Perhaps more credit should be given to how he's been coached by PW and team. Warney took regular flak for "playing him out of position". IMO that experience has made Ben a much more rounded player and maybe was part of the plan to develop him.

Top class coaching?....or a superb player that "any old fool" could manage. Depends if you're a "Warney boy" or not I suppose.
    I have never doubted Wiles' potential and as much as a Warne fan I am I did doubt whether Warne was the right person to develop him. I am happy to say I have been proved wrong and when the gaffer has to one day sell him onto a bigger club I am sure there will be tears of pride.

I mentioned a few weeks ago he has the potential to be the greatest ever Rotherham player that was born and bred in the town and played for us at every level.

Just shows what an asset Matt Hamshaw is in taking Ben Rocket Wiles under his wing and improving his overall game.
    Still a lot more to come from Ben and deserves to play at a higher level.

Ive said before, Ben is the best footballer to come out of Rowmish since Alick Jeffrey, a lot on here wont remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Ive said before, Ben is the best footballer to come out of Rowmish since Alick Jeffrey, a lot on here wont remember him.
    Not Stuart Evans then Archie.

Has come on leaps and bounds in many areas but physically it is night and day with him. Bulking up and looking much more of an athlete now. Credit to him for putting the hard graft in in the gym as well as the training pitch.

Wanna enjoy a video of all of Ben’s goals this season?

https://twitter.com/the_rufc/status/...286943239?s=21

Wiles is a great player I said this at start off last season.

But he needs to have a season like this next season in the championship.

Than the clubs will come calling.

Big clubs as he is still young that's another big factor that's a plus for him.

Next season will be the challenge for him in the championship. That's when the prem clubs will start to look/ come calling.

Teams like Norwich top championship bottom end premiership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast