+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grealish tonight

Grealish tonight

If he plays......clap or boo?
    He stated in the telegraph, he is a Villa fan and always will be and his desire is to come back to us one day. Im not going but I would clap before the game but boo him during but no obscene gestures!

I feel similar to you dave. Im over it now. If he had any sense he would come back.

he no longer matters.

That's not in his hands Bongo nor would it make any sense for a few reasons, I've not read the article as it's behind a paywall but for anyone to say he's not a fan as if they're able to decide for him is ridiculous. To say he left for the money is also bollox, he was reportedly offered £240k a week so it isn't that either.

Footballers aren't always in control of their situation in terms of being sold, but in this case he was and made sure the club got good money for him. It's a short career and who wouldn't want to test themselves against the best of the best in the CL, yes he's no longer a big fish in a small pond but he's good enough and hungry enough to adapt to what he's being told to do.

Unfortunately some of our fanbase have turned against him for the "my club my city" thing at the start of last season, what was he supposed to say "I'm ok to leave next summer for a British transfer record"? Or "this will be my last season" - any of which would have put a spectre over the team's performances. He will get booed, of that I have no doubt but for me I'll remember that he gave his all when he was here and without him we might well have got relegated from the Championship. Off the pitch there's a side to his character that's a bit flash harry and he dresses like a tw*t but that's up to him - he does have a good heart too & has helped towards the cost of treatment for very sick children.

To boo him is crass, ignorant and a bit childish to be honest - it will I think play into his hands too if he plays as he seems to feed off it. I'd prefer him to get a one of our own chant and some applause then leave it forever to not be brought up again - if he ever came back to us & played like we know he can would he get the hate then?

A little bit sick and tired over the whole charade.

He’s just like any other Villa-supporting, opposition player, i.e Joe Lolley and Jarred Bowen. Unfortunately, both of those players have pretty good scoring records against us.

Neither Clap nor Boo, just, Meh

Reading the articles, looks like at best, he will make the bench and probably as an unused sub?
    I think the best way to kill the hype is to beat them.....🤷*♂️

I know what you mean westy. Without Grealish we wouldn't have been promoted and we would have been relegated iñ the 1st season.
    I think most people with half a brain understands his decision to move although i do think he should have stayed put. Yes hes going to fill his trophy cabinet up but hes also just lost his legendary status. Its not like were a bad team either and i think he would have got better under Gerrard. 6 of one half dozen of the other if you ask me. No hate just a bit of sadness and im sure hes feeling the same as me.

Well he came on and did nothing so we can thank him for that. I bet City fans deep down are not impressed with him, they must be asking 100mill, weve been mugged off...anyhow, City deserved winners, their passing was sublime! I guess its what you expect from a squad that cost more than one BILLION 🤔

City fans on Twitter seem to be defending him or just using the opportunity to get a dig in at little old Villa, look how good they are even with the injury list - they didn't need him but he may end up playing through the middle and be a revelation, I'm sure Pep has a plan.

Bong - moot point on Gerrard, he wasn't the manager when JG left and he got better under Smith (who probably would still be manager now IMO had JG stayed). Should he have stayed? Well that's down to opinion, he's brilliant as we know and all the while people would be whispering in his ear as to what he could achieve in the game. He might well have stagnated here as it would take years to build a squad as good as City's, when the moment comes the moment comes.

I also don't think he's a natural big time charlie who likes the limelight, he's from a tight knit villa family and there's a circus around these superstar names, created by the media. I think he finds that hard to deal with as he's not the brightest so needs a PR team to put out social media stuff for him, but whatever he says it will be the wrong thing to some of our support. He laughed at Reuben Diaz scoring- so what, it's not an unnatural reaction when he doesn't score many and it's one of his team mates.

This Villa side under Gerrard - playing some lovely stuff and it's only been 2 weeks, he's got every player doing their job well. Only saw the first half and thought Luiz was different gravy.

I am sure Emily Atack thinks Grealish is just Wonderful....🤔

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)