+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T poor little soul.

I disagree with the death penalty as death is a better way out than spending the rest of her life in prison.

I would just prefer her experience of prison to emulate the neglect and near starvation that she afforded a defenceless child.

What obvious circumstances, gm? The test that a jury has to apply is if they are 'satisfied so as to be sure' of guilt (whatever the now departed LudlowMiller might think. That's the same test irrespective of the case or the evidence, but mistakes still get made.

If you were to ask a criminal lawyer with any level of experience (if you can find one - I don't know how you could do that), they might warn you that this is just the sort of case where the death penalty would be risky. The revulsion and horror that a jury would feel when dealing with a case of this nature can cloud judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I disagree with the death penalty as death is a better way out than spending the rest of her life in prison.

I would just prefer her experience of prison to emulate the neglect and near starvation that she afforded a defenceless child.
    Thing is though buddy she wont ever suffer near starvation while she's inside and at what cost to keep her there? These kind don't deserve to breathe air again for the heinous crimes they commit.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    What obvious circumstances, gm? The test that a jury has to apply is if they are 'satisfied so as to be sure' of guilt (whatever the now departed LudlowMiller might think. That's the same test irrespective of the case or the evidence, but mistakes still get made.

If you were to ask a criminal lawyer with any level of experience (if you can find one - I don't know how you could do that), they might warn you that this is just the sort of case where the death penalty would be risky. The revulsion and horror that a jury would feel when dealing with a case of this nature can cloud judgements.
    How much more video evidence did you want the court/jurors to see before making their decision making sure they got it right? There was enough there to convict them both many many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So these two are innocent is that what you're saying? I'm talking of todays cases such as this which are 100% provable.
    Where have I said these two are innocent...

They were found guilty. I don't have any more information about the evidence or the nature of the defence than anyone else, save for members of the jury and orhers intimately involved in the case.

What do you mean about 100% provable? How does that work?

SallyClark was found guilty of murdering two children on exactly the same legal test that the jury applied in this case. Would you have killed her? Arguably that happened in any event.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Clark

How much more video evidence did you want the court/jurors to see before making their decision making sure they got it right? There was enough there to convict them both many many times over.
    Was there? Have you seen it? What exactly did it show? What did the defendants say about it?

The prosecutor in the Sally Clark case had an eminent medical professional batting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Was there? Have you seen it? What exactly did it show? What did the defendants say about it?

The prosecutor in the Sally Clark case had an eminent medical professional batting for them.
    You sound a bit riled owd bean, calm down and go and have a sherry.

You sound a bit riled owd bean, calm down and go and have a sherry.
    I was asking questions about your views, Brin. I'm interested in them. That's what message boards would be about in a better world, but you seem intent upon taking it personally.

You accused me of being flippant on another thread, but my point is that it is easy to be flippant about 'hang them' and '100 %' certain from a position of ignorance about how the system works. Life isn't black and white and court cases certainly aren't. To knee jerk on media reporting is incredibly dangerous.

fact social service visits evade the "hard" families, and hound the easy compliant families. .I will not explain on here.
    FACT.

Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast