+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Steve Howe - Lute Concerto in D Major / Mood For A Day

Watched it, very bottom fret… Brian May is a good guitarist but not classed as legend say Page / Blackmore etc.. etc

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Watched it, very bottom fret… Brian May is a good guitarist but not classed as legend say Page / Blackmore etc.. etc
    He has been known to use other frets though.

My point in providing Chalky with a link to that guitar solo was purely because I thought he might actually like it.

I wasn't wishing to suggest that Brian May is better or worse than any other guitarist.

As with all these things, I guess beauty lies in the eye/ear of the beholder.

Had the fortune to see Queen live a few times.. to me they are the “ABBA” of rock.. Everyone knows & likes them.

Bohemian Rhapsody usually makes the top 10 of polls, but Hendrix, Gilmore or Page usually vi for the top spot with Hotel California for some reason.. Beat it by Eddie Van Halen as well gets mentioned in rock genre…

I suppose it’s all down to personal tastes.. if you nailed me to a mast…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrO...J0YWJseSBudW1i

Don't really know a good guitarist from a great one but love watching Johnny Marr,just looks like the coolest guy ever.

Who’s he? Thought he was a comedian 🤷*♂️😎

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post

My point in providing Chalky with a link to that guitar solo was purely because I thought he might actually like

As with all these things, I guess beauty lies in the eye/ear of the beholder.
    I appreciate the link howoldboy as I’m always willing to open my ears to new music that I haven’t heard before,I’ve got into the UOGB and Laura Currie after Stefan brought them to my attention and at the beginning I couldn’t see the attraction so it was fortunate that they did cover versions that I recognised and eventually song by song started appreciating them

If you are reading this Steffy,thanks 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Who’s he? Thought he was a comedian 🤷*♂️😎
    A great songwriter and guitarist,Morrissey wouldn’t be anywhere near a good without Marr

Remember Noel Gallagher saying something like "I'm a great guitarist but Johnny Marr is on a different planet" would have loved to have seen the Smiths live.

The Smiths? I thought this was a music thread.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    The Smiths? I thought this was a music thread.
    🤣🤣🤣

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)