+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Howe - Lute Concerto in D Major / Mood For A Day

Dire Straits are a very strange group to me,I don't own any of their music and would say that I don't really like them but they have done some interesting stuff,I'm not sure that I could hack a whole albums worth though tbh that song about Romeo and Juliet comes over as good

Those two songs that you've mentioned both make a statement about life,do you prefer songs that's got political undertones in them?

No, if I get into a song it’s more about the whole feel of the piece rather than just the words. Sometimes the words just hit you though.

Song lyrics can speak more to me than any gospel in the Bible, honestly I've cried over songs before especially if I've gone into the background of them which I will usually do in the early hours of the morning,I once tried to explain the beauty of a well written lyric to a girl once,I gave her examples of songs that have meanings and depth in them, something that could touch your soul and she just looked at me and said "I like Tiger Feet" ****ing Tiger Feet!! I dropped her off home and never spoke to her again

"I like ****ing Tiger Feet" 🙄😡

That’s Right (8)

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Dire Straits are a very strange group to me,I don't own any of their music and would say that I don't really like them but they have done some interesting stuff,I'm not sure that I could hack a whole albums worth though tbh that song about Romeo and Juliet comes over as good

Those two songs that you've mentioned both make a statement about life,do you prefer songs that's got political undertones in them?

"Very strange" as you think they are, Knopler is clearly a decent guy.

After watching the interview I listened to the full track on YouTube and if I’m honest it bored me rigid,I think that it was a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth and by having to fit so many guitarists in they had to extend the song to over ten minutes,I looked at the original while I was at it and that lasted about four minutes,I know that griff is an admirer of the Local Hero soundtrack so what did you think griffy?

Reminded me of those bleeding massive guitar solos of the 70’s that punk rebelled against

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    After watching the interview I listened to the full track on YouTube and if I’m honest it bored me rigid,I think that it was a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth and by having to fit so many guitarists in they had to extend the song to over ten minutes,I looked at the original while I was at it and that lasted about four minutes,I know that griff is an admirer of the Local Hero soundtrack so what did you think griffy?

Reminded me of those bleeding massive guitar solos of the 70’s that punk rebelled against
    I've always been partial to a massive guitar solo.

Here's a relatively short one.

Give it a mere 3 minutes and 44 seconds of your time Chalky (nee cocopops61).

Brian May and Last Horizon. You may even like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQswXVoBxKA

It was ok I suppose howoldboy boy but then again it sounded just like any other electric guitar track to me,I can imagine bdb liking it as it’s his kind of thing but for me it did nothing,sorry

If it’s any consolation Albatross by Fleetwood Mac is an awesome piece of music and I could listen to that all day but if it lasted ten minutes It probably would have spoilt that as well

Albatross was a fine example of subtle guitar work from Peter Green from the best years in music (I think Need Your Love so Bad was on the B side but don’t quote me) the late 60s and early 70s. I haven’t watched that video but heard MK talking about the track on the radio and it’s for a specific purpose, a one off, and for a charitable purpose. Haven’t heard it and it probably won’t be my cup of tea. The Likes of Jimmy Page and Rory Gallagher floated my boat but you do come across some good solos in unexpected places, like Mike Oldfield’s Moonlight Shadow where Maggie Reilly’s vocals weren’t shabby either.

https://youtu.be/9uYF95jR_ME?si=lKXEwulOv2VlhGE-

Albatross bw I Need Your Love So Bad is a stunning 45 to buy griff as both are top notch songs,you certainly got value for money back in those days,I’m sure that one of my Mac singles back in the day had a song called Somebody’s gonna get their head kicked in tonight which seemed in total contrast to Albatross,Man of the world and I need your love so bad released at the same time,can’t even remember how I went now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)