+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quest

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Colin Murray has praised for a very long time, not just recently
    Correct but praise is one thing and winning the league by ten points is another. I hope they're correct, in fact why not win it by 12 points and have it done and dusted by Easter. A long way to go yet.

Cheerful ****s, Rotherham fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Cheerful ****s, Rotherham fans.
    I think it’s called being realistic.

It's anyone's at the moment to win. As much as we are are scoring for fun and sit aloft, we can't seem to break away from the rest.

When we come to pay the 'so called' six pointers, yes I know they're only three, only then may we see a gap such is the standard this season from several clubs. I think the winners and runners up will probably go up by the odd 3-6 points it's that tight.

I think it's a really fair point (and something I hope PW mentions in the dressing room) that, despite our terrific run of form and impressive nature of many of the wins we have enjoyed, we are still level on points with 2 other teams. And Sunderland in 4th are only 2 points behind.

A huge cliche in football, and sports often, but you really just have to worry about yourself as that is all we can have an impact on, apart from when we play teams around us. The players and staff will know we have to maintain the levels we have shown, that's where the biggest challenge comes from. It has been a great time the last few months, we have got so used to winning that a 5-1 against Gillingham is nothing to note now, but we must remain grounded. And I think we will. I don't see anyone winning the league by 10 points or more.

Nice to get carried away though sometimes, it's been bloody brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I think it’s called being realistic.
    No. Realism is entirely different to pessimism, or even optimism for that matter. I’d say a realistic view is that we won’t have everything our own way but have a good chance of going back up. No reason to expect everything to go wrong. Ipswich and Gillingham seem to have that covered.

When we win it’s always a little disappointing to see the others still keeping pace with good results, but think of it the other way round, lots of teams winning a lot at the top and they’re still not making ground on us, so they’ll be feeling the pressure of that too. Agree that January will be key though to see if we can keep it going. Currently we’ve certainly got the squad to cover pretty much anyone with almost like for like, perhaps aside from Smith and Ogbene.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We might lose players due to injury as well
    Red cards
    Warney gets poached
    Covid outbreak

Hit a bad patch of form
    Fans turn on the Manager, Tony and the players because we fail to win by four clear goals on Saturday

All of the above are a distinct possibility

Sorry about the grim suggestions
    Ebenezer S
    I knew I'd found the right photo of you!

I think we need optimism. I might be wrong but think the guy who forecasted it is an MK fan. Far better to be optimistic than not.

If you want disrespect try some of the Ipswich you tube love ins. We are Ipswich and we don’t know who we are playing but we will win types. Some of them thought they would win 4-0 at Charlton.
    There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123